Druid panick kiting with boxed mage?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Minkin, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Minkin New Member

Thinking of boxing a mage with a druid. I was wondering if anybody has experience in utilizing the druid panic along with the mage pet attacking from behind? In theory it sounds like a good idea but it is everquest. I'm not sure if the pets casting would disrupt the fear. Seems like it would be pretty mana efficient
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

panic? Can't seem to work out what word you meant to use!

Oh, sorry, just got it, the druid's fear animal spell line. I don't think the pet's casting would interrupt the fear. I also think it's a waste of time. If the mage and druid are fighting level appropriate mobs, just let the pet tank it, it won't be an issue in earlier levels. It also won't limit you to fighting "animal" mobs.
  3. Nykara2 Elder

You would be better off having the druid charm an animal instead. It speeds up kills a fair amount.
    Perplexed likes this.
  4. Perplexed Augur

When I played, charming with druid and chanter was my go-to boxing/solo method. Not sure if it was my imagination, but always seemed like chanter charm broke more often than the druids.
    Either way it was great fun for 18 years :)
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Best way to use charm with a druid is charm-swarming. Collect a handful of mobs which are all charmable. Make sure they all have snare and the druid animal-only MR debuff. Round them up in a ball, and then charm one, and sic it on one of the others. In short order, that one, and eventually the rest, will start attacking it, and it will take LOTS of damage fast. Invis before it dies, and then charm one at full health, and sic it on the one at very low health. Hopefully it will kill it quickly. Now, break charm with invis again, and rinse and repeat. Eventually, you're left with a few at very low health, which you can just nuke/DoT down. Fastest XP a druid can make.

Now, this is harder when you don't have the insta-cast invis AA. It's been so long, I don't remember what level that becomes available.