Druid Mana was promised at Fanfair..still not given

Discussion in 'Priests' started by fontaine, Apr 17, 2013.

1. LS_Xegony_Dru Elder

There is a long thread with lots of good reasons why Call of the Herald is not viable for clerics to use. The primary issue is that it is a long casting spell.

QM is theirs to use as they see fit; it would help if they could cast it on a just rezzed druid. However, it will not always be there.
  2. Starla Elder

Well if druids get mana as a cleric I want to have portal spells and permainvis...fair is fair :p
  3. Tobynn Augur

I am going to assume that fair-is-fair wasn't any concern whatsoever when clerics got QM and druids got a fat nothing despite being promised the ability.
  4. Tarrin Augur

Cleric fade doesn't work as a permainvis for clerics also?
    Guild Hall? Click ports to almost everywhere? Anchors?

I am pretty sure if there is any "fair is fair" going on, Druids are *owed* some sorta active mana regen period.
  5. Crystilla Augur

Not to bring this up again but the original request for QM was for 5k mana (not the high amount we got). At the time QM was introduced, druids actually were supporting clerics to get it (they recognized the need).

Clerics are supporting druids on their request in general also, just want things to be listed fairly.
  6. Tarrin Augur

I guess the concept that druids need to give up something...or other classes need to be compensated for druids receiving some sorta active mana regen just really irks me.
  7. Crystilla Augur

Same here Tarrin. EQ has pretty much rarely been a game of 'you get, I get'. It sometimes has been a game of 'giving up to get'.

While I don't think I've heard a Dev say it, I suppose there could be some rationale on druids being harder to kill so on the smaller chance they do die, waiting a bit longer or changing up the timing when their items/abilities are available is the tradeoff. I have honestly no idea why at least something hasn't been given yet.
  8. Tarrin Augur

I must have missed something. I know I was gone doing RL things most of this xpac...but when did we become the hardest casting class to kill?
  9. malibu66 Elder

Have you used Pre-incarnation lately?
    moogs likes this.
  10. Tarrin Augur

Yes, I have. It does not change my thought process.
  11. malibu66 Elder

I'm not against you on this, I'm sort of neutral on the mana regen - there are other abilities I'd rather have though. I am saying that pre-incarnation can make us pretty hard to kill. There is no question, IMO, that Druid survivability is vastly improved with this.
  12. CaRnon Augur

First I want to say that I am totally behind druids on their request for then to get a fast mana regen option...

BUT I beg you (dev's) that clerics do not suffer in your attempt to "even the field" between clerics and druids by hitting clerics with the nerf bat to appease druids.

I really hope your kidding.. cause there has to be a way to make druids happy without having to give everyone else something. I really hate the "my class must get something cause another class gets something" attitude. Posts like that is what causes the dev's to bring out their nerf bat and goto town on classes.
  13. Tarrin Augur

I don't think there is any nerf a dev can do to a cleric that will appease the druids. We aren't after cleric nerfs. They would not make us content.
    moogs likes this.
  14. moogs Augur

When I die on a raid, it feels like I can be more use sitting in the guild hot tub for a few minutes and then banner back. Otherwise, I just zone in and watch my group die. What are we meant to do, get rezzed and melee assist?
  15. Sasenach Journeyman

I agree, it would be fair to give druids some minimal form of mana recoup after a death. As a raiding druid, I am worthless after death unless I am lucky enough to have a rod refreshed + wolf form. Even then, I pretty much am limited to low mana slower heals until I recoup...which may not be till the end of the fight.
  16. xaga Elder

Personally i cry on the inside when i die and get rezzed on a raid. I literately have to run off the the corner for a bit and pray. So, i don't catch aggro and regain some mana. I wonder why this thread has gotten so quiet. While, the Necro thread is freaking out we should cause a stink...
  17. Tarrin Augur

A couple of reasons.
    1) We never have a great ability to begin with, to see it get toned down. Reptile skin in its early incarnation was close.
    2) We are used to not getting anything.

I will say though.....when dots aren't an issue, preincarnation is nice.