Druid Mana was promised at Fanfair..still not given

Discussion in 'Priests' started by fontaine, Apr 17, 2013.

1. fontaine Journeyman

Druids are the only class that has no way to get mana back after a rez.
    It was promised to us at FanFair and I just looked at the T3 spells/AA's..nothng.
    It is bad enough that we are also the only class that does not have a group cure, Clerics,
    Shammies and even Bards have it.
    As a level 100 druid in a top end raiding guild I am always the only healer in the group and
    also have to heal the tanks and "skin" them after they are rezzed
    SONY how am I supposed to get mana back?
    As content gets tougher you have made us worthless after a rez.
    Was this on purpose or did you just "forget" like you did with the Roar of Kolos spell upgrade that was omitted in ROF.
    Or how about when you forget to put our Granite Bark spells on the vendor?
    Running out of patience.
  2. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Just ask a cleric for quiet miracle then... Boom there is your mana
    Starla and CaRnon like this.
  3. Elenwyyi Augur

Well ya see, Yes. But no.
  4. Bernardv Journeyman

I completely agree. Its its very hard to bounce back from death as a druid. I use mana rods (if refresh is available), I beg clerics for quiet miracle if theris is up. But if neither are available Im useless (aside from my clicky rez (rez staff).
    We did ask for it and we were told yes for it. Im also dissapointed.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Did they remove our level 91 group cure spell from game? And when did bards aria cure go from single to group target?
  6. Rogue Augur

so you want super mana pres, and mana back

hi, theres this thing called balance, you can't have everything
  7. Minadin Journeyman

What super mana pres, exactly? And no one is asking for 'everything', just a way to be useful after a rez, without waiting until after the mob is already dead. Currently, there is almost no point in rezzing a druid on a raid.
  8. Rogue Augur

It's called white wolf / black wolf, look them up they are pretty good, you should have them by now.
  9. Minadin Journeyman

That's what I figured you were talking about. But, 15% mana preservation isn't anything mind-blowing, let alone unbalancing. There are a lot of other classes with similar abilities, and we have abilities that cause us to use MORE mana than normal, as an offset.

Still, I notice you haven't addressed at all the complaint that there is almost no point in rezzing a druid on a raid. Every other class can give you *something* right off the bat. Druids get rezzed, have no mana, have to go sit in a corner, if there is one, or just try not to die again.
  10. Gladare Augur

I'd like a mana recovery ability for rangers too!
  11. Tobynn Augur

This is the crux of the problem. Raiding druids are typically the sole group healer. Once the druid is dead and rezzed, the group is still without a healer and remains without a healer until some other class decides to feed the druid mana. Devs have taken steps to ensure the other priest classes do not have this problem.

Should I die during some AE-heavy encounter, once rezzed I just chuckle and tell my group they better start using their heal potions. I can and do routinely chain die in these situations because I cannot even keep myself alive; keeping the other five people alive is often of little concern at that point.

And the clueless reference to the Wolf AAs? Yeah, that's mana preservation. Gotta have some mana first before you can preserve any of it. Derp.

Regardless of all the hows and whys, we were told that druids would be getting some sort of harvest-like ability. We didn't get it. Shocking, I know.
    Pirlo likes this.
  12. Furro Elder

For raids, I try and toss QM on a rezzed Druid if able.

Wolf AA does have mana regen (90 max per tick atm iirc), of course it's a small return over a duration (2 mins), so that's like 20 ticks, 1800 mana. It's something (not justifying it here as some massive burst, but yeah). Anyway, my nitpick here is that the effect isn't just mana preservation. Once rezzed, it's worth hitting wolf just to get something.

Mod rod is still the biggest return available though for Druids (as you no doubt know). Of course, it doesn't help if a rod is in cooldown when you really need it.. <shakes fists>

Just to be clear though, I'm not advocating that Druids don't need some burst mana ability in the raid scene. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was being held back currently, in some effort to make Clerics work in synergy with Druids and provide that burst via QM. That may sound protectionist, but it's not meant to be. Here's to hoping I'm mistaken though.

Furro
    Leader of Freelance - Open Raid Team - CT Server
  13. Elenwyyi Augur

Okay, so, since Class Balance™, can I have some way to preserve mana in death/rez? Lose only some of my mana instead of all? No? No.
  14. Iila Augur

I'm not going to be hitting wolf after I'm res'd. You know why? Because it's going to be on cooldown from keeping it up while I was alive in order to preserve the mana I had. The mana regen on Wolf isn't there to gain mana, it's to slow the loss of mana that we use.

I don't know what raids you're doing where a group healer needs to heal their group but can afford to sit around for 2 minutes to regen some mana. If I need to be healing my group, it's going to be roughly every 6, 12, 18 or 30 seconds. With post-res regen around 300, that is a tight race to either 1100 mana for my cheapest single target heal, 2000 mana for Survival or 2400 for normal group heal. Mana preservation effects mean the second heal does not take as long to med for. But without a burst restore to pay for some initial heals, it's a losing battle.

There's also the exp grouping issue where I'm going to be first OOM and needing to take med breaks, unless a ranger is in the group and beats me there.
  15. Rogue Augur

So you would be willing to give up the wolf aa's for a mana return? You really shouldn't get both without clerics / shamans getting something in return for breaking the class balance
  16. Furro Elder

Obviously if wolf is on cooldown you're not going to use it. The point I was making in the previous post was to correct an inaccuracy that wolf returns no mana. If wolf is available, then use it. Just as I also stated in brackets in my post that it's not some massive burst either, but implying that between that and nothing, might as well hit it.

I agree, it's a tight race, with no burst aa and relying on post-res regen is a mickey mouse operation. But what can you do? It's rod, wolf, and hopefully snag QM from a cleric basically.
  17. Iila Augur

Aside from EQ not being a zero sum game, where any gain needs to balanced by a loss or increase in power for other classes. You're trying to say that these wolf forms are equal to cleric's QMs?

[32501/11317] Spirit of the White Wolf
    Duration: 2m (20 ticks), Extend: Yes
    1: Decrease Spell Mana Cost by 7% to 25%
    2: Limit Type: Beneficial
    3: Limit Max Level: 100 (lose 0% per level)
    4: Increase Cold Resist by 170
    5: Illusion: White Spirit Wolf
    6: Increase Current Mana by 90 per tick
    7: Increase Chance to Critical Heal by 12%
    +
    [32499/11317] Group Spirit of the White Wolf
    Duration: 2m (20 ticks), Extend: Yes
    1: Decrease Spell Mana Cost by 9% to 15%
    2: Limit Type: Beneficial
    3: Limit Max Level: 100 (lose 0% per level)
    4: Increase Cold Resist by 125
    5: Cast: Form of the White Wolf
    6: Increase Current Mana by 50 per tick
    7: Increase Chance to Critical Heal by 8%

VS

[38036] Quiet Miracle
    Target: Single
    Range: 200
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s
    Hate: -50000
    1: Increase Current HP by 30000
    2: Increase Current Mana by 30000
    +
    [37168] Veturika's Perseverance
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s
    Hate: -25000
    1: Increase Current HP by 15000
    2: Increase Current Mana by 15000
    Text: You are blessed by silent prayer.

Yep, seems fair, my +70/tick and mana preservation sure is so much better than their +450/tick in two burst abilities that clerics would need to be compensated for me able to cast spells easier after dying. Much like I was compensated for Clerics getting QM by.... Nothing, because that is a stupid idea that has no place in a pve mmo.

The problems we are seeking an answer for are quite different from the one(s) that wolf forms address.

You guys might as well be telling me to click my Knowledge of the Past clickie after a res, because it will get me back to chaining 1100-2400 mana heals in a jiffy! A mere ~100 seconds to cast a Sterivida!
  18. Drewie Augur

As a raid druid, after a rez I'm usually fine with a rod to heal my caster group in normal situations. I can also use White Wolf to get mana back faster. But with rod down (or even no rod at all) I admit it's not as easy to recover mana and heal the group. There are a few tricks still available though : Staunch Recovery veteran AA (3 day recast), Convergence of Spirits, Spirit of the Wood ... Also asking for a fellow druid / shaman for a call instead of a cleric rez allows to come back into combat with some mana. Not to mention a necromancer groupmate providing some mana, or an enchanter groupmate casting a mana regen buff.
  19. Rogue Augur

Balance is a stupid idea that has no place in a pve mmo? You must be new. It's probably the top thing people care about / complain about / post about. The balance of their class versus other classes.

Isn't that the whole reason this thread even exists? Druids see something others have and want it too. But the thing about balance is one class should not have everything. You have mod rods for return and a rarely given and powerful mana pres ability, how much more do you seriously think you need??
  20. malibu66 Elder

Actually - I would be happy (er?) if they just fixed the mod rod bug when in the GH with death effects. I can't tell you the number of times I have been sitting in the GH pool trying to squeeze some mana for heals before I banner back ... Click the mod rod and Wham - get the damage and lockout, but no mana. Just great.
    Sinestra likes this.