Druid Macro Help Please

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Thomasmgp, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Thomasmgp Elder

OK so finally starting to get the hang of 3 Boxing. I am running Pally/Druid/Enchanter. Since Im pretty much a n00b to both Druids and Boxing was wondering if anyone could help me out with some macros. So far I really only have macros for my 3 main heal spells (fast heal, delayed heal, and normal slow heal) and one for Snare. Would love some input on how to add a little DPS from my Druid without having to switch off of Pally. Also what are some good AAs to macro together?
  2. moogs Augur

For a starting point, we'll need to know what level your druid is.
  3. moogs Augur

At 105, my normal spellbar has a mix of heals, DoTs, and nukes. Some druids only nuke and others just sit there waiting to heal something. When leveling up a long, long, long time ago, I relied on kiting and root rotting, so I have all of my DoT AAs and I still use DoT spells. In my group lineup, I use Horde of Aculeids (103), Sunflash (104), and Horde of Mutilids (98). These three are macro'd.

Pros to using DoTs:

We have the 3rd best damage over time spells (after shaman and necro). These are really nice because they are mana efficient, have a quick casting time, do a pretty good amount of damage with proper AAs, and they result in low aggro.

Cons to using DoTs:

Your group won't see huge crits firing off so they'll think you're slacking. If your group has good DPS, a lot of trash mobs die before the DoTs have run their course. It can make things more difficult for your enchanter if you're unsure of what you're doing.

I keep at least 3 healing spells up: Resurgence (105 fast heal), Adrenaline Torrent (104 fast heal), Panavida (102 spam heal). It's not a bad idea to keep your emergency group heal loaded at all times, Survival of the Serendipitous (103) because you don't have to change targets to use it. If you can outsource the group healing to a mercenary and focus on adding DPS, then do it. But even if your group role is geared toward DPS, don't leave home without some healing spells memorized. Things happen. I always have Ferocious Growth memorized (102) to add a bunch more HP to the tank.

For nuking, you'll want to use something like this. My spell order may differ from someone else's, but that doesn't matter. (Hopefully your enchanter has the mob tashed by this time.) Make sure to max out your Quick Damage AA line because it will decrease the cast time of your nukes.

Anabatic Roar (magic nuke, 103)
    Storm Strike AA, magic instant cast
    Katabatic Roar (magic nuke, 98)
    Remote Sunflash (nukes your target, heals its target, 103)

I usually keep an aura running to add some extra DPS for my group, Frostweave Aura (103)

Use Group Black Wolf AA when it's up. It will decrease the mana cost of detrimental spells and increase damage. Get a class tunic, even if it's only for the clicky. (I wear a cultural set.) Use 1st Spire. It will increase the rate of criticals for your group. Use Improved Twincast and Nature's Fury for yourself. Fill out your Type 3 augments, and don't neglect the 1 or 2 spells that are lower level which you still use.
  4. Brohg Augur

Not wearing your class shirt is a strange mistake, moogs. With it on, you get to benefit from wolf form all the time, no gap time.
    Iila likes this.
  5. moogs Augur

I blame the devs for the oversight. It should be included in the cultural druid tunics.
  6. moogs Augur

Only kidding, of course. I don't use Black Wolf much except for when I raid. Mostly because I forget about it because I'm 3-boxing.

OP, I recommend not using macros or multibinds for your heals if you can avoid it. Maybe you can get by with that on trash mobs; otherwise, healing is very situational.
  7. Iila Augur

Audio trigger wolf form wearing off. If you have a raid BP, wearing off means the next one is ready to cast.

Innate IoG is pretty good, keeping wolf running is definitely worth the trouble.

Always, always, always keep Survival up. My "default" loadout is the 3 single target heals, Survival, and the lunar group heal. When I want to cut heals from my bar, the order is panavida, group heal, adrenaline. The two .5s heals are too good to ever really de-mem.

All that talking up our dots, and you don't use our best one? The Wrath line is our best damage spell. Short enough duration to easily get value, and high enough damage to actually be worth casting. It's also lots of aggro, so have fun fighting over aggro with tanks! High damage dot + stun nukes + remote nuke-heals + negation of subtly = dpsing druid holding aggro.

Multibinds are amazing, please use them.
    Social macros are trash, but do have some use in low effort boxing. I don't use or like them, which is why I hadn't replied to the OP.

Promised heals are pretty bad. Cycling through the 3 single target burst heals that moogs mentioned is much better. If your druid is main healing, see my above advice about making an audio trigger for wolf form, and using White Wolf and Group White Wolf while the druid is healing. With white wolf up, a druid can basically chain cast their Vida heal forever.
  8. moogs Augur

It's a fantastic spell...when you don't mind taking aggro. I usually have to rely on NPC tanks. If I had someone else playing a raid geared tank in my group regularly, I would definitely use it more. It doesn't make it into my normal solo 3-boxing spell lineup.

OP is looking for low effort boxing. Multibinds are trash, but using them on your healing box might be a good thing. For a solo raiding druid, they're a waste of mana and a good way of getting people killed because you didn't have the right spell ready to cast on the right person.
  9. moogs Augur

I'll cut the Luna group heal first. (OP, kill Promised to save a spell slot, as Iila mentioned.) I keep xxxxvida loaded always. If your healer merc gets killed and the named mob is still at 70% and you blow through your 3 fast heals (including Survival) you're going to find yourself standing there with no healing spells available for a few seconds. It's the worst. Vida is the only one you can reliably spam for the duration of a fight (any fight).

Thanks. Didn't realize that the extension on the BP was that strong. I'll save my chits. We have to split loot with another guild (forget about looting a BP...) and we've finished COTF but have only cleared TDS1.
  10. Brohg Augur

All the raid BPs back through ... HoT(?) have the focus that does it, newer ones just some better stats & click. So if you can get a "lesser" one as a freebie go for it, the power gained from full time Blackwolf definitely worth it.
  11. Iila Augur

Wolf extension started in VoA.

While wolf extension isn't super powerful as a BP focus, it's something that's I wouldn't want to lose.
  12. moogs Augur

Since the request was for actual macros, here are some of mine. (I am usually Main Assist when boxing but line 1 is adapted for you.) My /pause timers will be different from yours, and so will my spell lineups. These are just examples. You might like to have Blessing of Ro AA and Entrap AA in a macro. I like to use use them separately. Find a system that works for what you want to do.

When I form my group I want to set my group roles and make sure that my tank mercenary is active:

/grouproles set Moogs 2 // assigns my druid as Main Assist
    /grouproles set Moogs 5 // assigns my druid as Main Looter
    /grouproles set Mensa 1 // assigns my mercenary as Main Tank
    /stance Aggressive // sets my mercenary's stance to Aggressive

DoTs:

/pause 4, /assist main
    /pause 14, /alt activate 954 // Fire Storm AA
    /pause 31, /cast 5 // Horde of Aculeids
    /pause 33, /cast 7 // Sunflash
    /pause 35, /cast 6 // Horde of Mutilids

Nukes:

/pause 4, /assist main
    /pause 37, /cast 8 // Anabatic Roar
    /pause 13, /alt activate // Storm Strike AA
    /pause 48, /cast 9 // Katabatic Roar
    /cast 10 // Remote Sunflash

The only healing multibind I use is on raids when the main tanks are all dying quickly and the boss is going berserk and nobody knows who to try to heal next:

/xtar 12 // I have the Raid Main Assist's Target in this slot of the Extended Target window
    /assist
    /cast 1 // Resurgence
    /cast 3 // Adrenaline Torrent
    /cast 7 // Panavida

For casting some clicky items in rapid succession:

/pause 25, /useitem 32 2 // Dreamcatcher Nimbus from /market for mana regen
    /pause 10, /useitem 16 // right ring for mana/hp regen
    /pause 10, /useitem 20 // waist for mana pool
    /pause 10, /useitem 6 // shoulders for dodge chance
    /useitem 11 // range item for AC (resists are capped at 870 anyway)

/pause 10, /useitem 8 // back for damage shield
    /pause 10, /useitem 3 // face for hp
    /pause 4, /useitem 32 4 // Stormeye Band from Yar`Lir, instant click extra damage shield
    /pause 27, /alt activate 149 // Preincarnation AA
    /useitem 32 1 // Familiar of King Gelaqua LoN familiar for mana regen and mana pool

For getting around

/alt activate 939 // Communion of the Cheetah AA
    /alt activate 518 // Shared Camouflage AA

Do not buy Hidden Communion of the Cheetah AA. I don't know if this has been fixed, but there was a design flaw where if you ran into a see invis mob, you lost the run speed effect at the same time that invis drops. That's really bad when you're trying to get away from danger. Have separate buffs. Anyway it's a waste of AAs so don't buy it. Both of these AAs are instant cast, so you can click this macro while on the move, and it's so fast that mobs will not notice the fraction of a second that you have lost your invisibility to re-activate cheetah speed.
  13. Iila Augur

Yep, Hidden Cheetah is still trash.

Fire Storm Druid AA? (Why?)
    If Firestorm had a 0% resist rate,it would be 25% to 40% less DPS than Storm Strike. The only two times FS is worth using over SS is on completely Magic immune mobs, or on things that punish Magic nukes.

Elidroth interpreted asking for a fire based storm strike in the worst possible way. One that shares a timer with SS, but doesn't use any of the SS hastening AAs, so it has twice the recast and locks out both.
  14. moogs Augur

Why? Because I bought it recently and am trying it out. That's my current hotkey. It's always being re-tuned. I only use the DoTs hotkey once (if at all), and then I'm managing my other two accounts. By the time the timer is up, Storm Strike is supposed to be ready in the other hotkey. The shared (but longer) timer really pisses me off and is the biggest reason why I'm leaning away from it.
  15. Iila Augur

You could be getting another cast of SS in during the extra cooldown imposed by FS.
    FS -> 30 seconds -> SS
    SS -> 16 Seconds -> SS -> 16 seconds -> SS

It's not like FS has any improvements over SS to warrant a longer recast, it's exactly the same except for Fire instead of Magic, and +14s of recast.
  16. moogs Augur

It's not exactly the same. It's higher damage and it's nice against mobs with high magic resist. Elidroth made poor design decisions in its implementation, greatly reducing its value.

Do you have any macros to contribute for the OP?
  17. Imak Augur

Incorrect. Max rank of each is identical damage.

[41371] Storm Strike
    Classes: DRU/254
    Skill: Evocation
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Magic, Min Resist Chance: 5%, Max Resist Chance: 20%
    Trigger Spell DS: No
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0.5s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 29500
    2: Decrease Current HP by 14000 (If HP Above 75 Percent)
    Text: You unleash a destructive strike.

[41863] Fire Storm
    Classes: DRU/254
    Skill: Evocation
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Fire
    Trigger Spell DS: No
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0.5s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 29500
    2: Decrease Current HP by 14000 (If HP Above 75 Percent)
    Text: You unleash a fire storm.
    moogs and Iila like this.
  18. Iila Augur

Sorry if I'm coming across as picking on you, that's not my intent at all. I'm trying to offer better ways for you to accomplish your goals.
    Check that linked post. If you grant firestorm a completely unrealistic 0% resist rate, it's 40% less DPS against mobs that resist storm strike 8% of the time. Against mobs with an insane storm strike resist rate of 20%, firestorm is 27% less damage.

My average storm strike resist rate through TDS progression and exping at the time was 5.1%.

No combination of fire amplification effects will make up that difference, either. Firestorm really is THAT bad compared to storm strike.
  19. moogs Augur

I could've sworn I had seen higher crits from the fire AA. Well thanks, I think I'm done with my Fire Storm test until the developers fix it. And it's all right. My hard-core playing days are several years in the past so I don't pay attention to things the way I used to. OP is asking for some macros, though, so let's get on topic.
  20. moogs Augur

Add
    /timer 100 for line 3