Druid kitting

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Ravene, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Ravene New Member

Posted this in the wrong spot earlier. I was asking about what lvl can druids start quad kitting? Also I thought this was done with dots but is it AE nukes? Someone mentioned it in my other post. I'm a new druid (lvl 10) on Mangler server. Due to my playtimes I have to solo a lot so any info would be appreciated. Thanks :)
  2. Belkar_OotS Augur

Usually when people refer to kiting it can encompass any way in which a player kills/engages a mob from range, without that mob being rooted.

As a druid, you can kite or root rot from the times you get your first snare (level 1), or root (grasping roots level 2).

Root rotting is generally inferior for direct damage since you are spending time casting root, and in turn breaking root with nukes. Root rot works best with your Damage Over Time spells and should be explored as an option. You can root and dot multiple mobs at once too.

Typically, quad kiting entails snaring 4 mobs, running a path such that they all clump together, then using your AE nuke (Invoke Lightning - level 4), to nuke them down. How effective quad kiting is for gaining experience over time, is directly related to your kill rate/downtime. Often quad kiting isn't your best leveling choice because you can single nuke 4 mobs down faster than you can AE them down at all once (out of combat regen is awesome). Or you run out of mana mid kite or... stuff. You'll want to be familiar with all the options available to you so you can optimize your experience as you go along. Since so many things have changed over the years you'll want to experiment for yourself to see what works best at any given level/camp/space.
  3. Fluid Augur

Quad kitting is way over rated as a method to level. There are problems like a single target resists and will outrun/close faster then the other MOBs, making AoE spells useless. You may have enough manna and luck to kill three, but the odd one out with resists will force you to zone.

As far as when and where to start kiting, now and in East Karana. There are little tricks to it, like only kill [snakes, spiders, gnolls] since those are the only MOBs the guards will help you with. You also have to be careful which and where you attack Gnoll Reavers as the Dark Stalkers<wolf type> will assist them and the guards won't help.

I seldom have any spell up but SoW when I kite. For EK, I don't bother using anything but Stinging swarm and maybe Flame Lick. Good to have Cure Poison as most of the stuff will poison you.

Typically I will start by hitting one MOB with a spell and running towards a second MOB. On the way in to the second MOB I target it and run past. When the first MOB gets near the second, they both follow and that's when I hit the second MOB with a DOT. I seldom have enough manna to kill more then three this way but it is pretty much sure fire, never having to zone. You pretty much make bank this way.
    [IMG]