[Druid] Future new AA's, Spells, Ideas. Give me your thoughts

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Siwin Nonesuch, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Some ways to reclaim spell slots:

1. Twincast turned into an AA. This is a big one since it's a 5min timer and easily and AA without balance issues. (They can link AA and spell timers so no we won't be using both)
    2. Debuffs. Ro was already put in AA. Skin to XXX needs to become an AA with a fixed 10% fire modifier that doesn't degrade for any level so it's something you don't need to keep making 3 spell effects for. Our ice debuffs should've been the FIRST thing they merged. Re-write Frigid Thornmaw, Stemfang Rush, or Natural Unity (in that order of picking) to autocast our two ice debuffs.
    3. Growth, and Reptile - make it so that growth fires reptile. If the above uses Frigid Thornmaw, have Stemfang Rush re-written to be Growth + Reptile. Also remove the stupid debuff on reptile, it does 100x more harm than good. If the debuff is resisted then no heal lands. And you can't use it on non-fire events. And it simply isn't worth the spell slot.
    4. Survival turned into an AA. It's a neat spell, just make it an AA same as Twincast. This is one of those spells that's in our bar permanently and making it an AA would give us another spell slot.
  2. Iila Augur

Yeah, I'm worried that our required number of spell gems is going to go from 17 to 19 soon. With nothing to help that squeeze.
  3. moogs Augur

So let's make fixing this problem our second priority after mana recovery. Agreed?

(Well, fixing is a very strong word...)
  4. Gr8fuldave Augur

A Circle of Knowledge AA would be fantastic
  5. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

Where did you get this information? We ARE going to get a mana Recovery Spell? You guessing or you know for fact?
    Link to post please if its been said that we are because I can't find it anywhere. :)
  6. Iila Augur

Beta spell info from HR. Nothing set, but there was a new druid pet spell and a burst mana return that went together.

The pet part means that there's a bunch of unknowns on the details, but some kind of mana restore through a pet spell is probably on the way.
  7. moogs Augur

So I can reclaim energy from Paco for all of 35 mana? Okay, back to AAs now.
  8. moogs Augur

What I want to know is

1. How does this work when I'm newly rezzed and without a pet?
    2. If this is for real, what is wrong with Aristo that he hates us so, so much?
  9. malibu66 Elder

Well, I'm satisfied with what's been posted so far. I hope we get some of it ...

That being said, Piestro mentioned Beastsnag Guard in the post on February changes - I had forgotten all about that spell. This is an unbelievably, amazingly, bizarrely, difficult to describe how useless it is spell!! 15 minute recast for an 18 second rune that absorbs 17900 HP?? Really - is that it?

If Druid's are supposed to have a rune (being a pet-less, low AC caster class - it would make sense), How about an AA that is a decent rune?

I'd rather have the other stuff, though, I'm really just venting over what a ridiculous piece of junk Beastsnag is - how did that even get to be a spell?
  10. moogs Augur

Maybe if Beastsnag was converted into a 1-hour buff like magician's bodyguard. It would proc when taking a hit and last up to 18 seconds or the max damage amount. Short answer, it became one of our spells for the same reason that the CotF spells exist. The developers pretend that they want our input and feedback and then give us a huge SUCKAHS!! when the spells are released. It's some kind of sick game for them.
  11. Sollas New Member

Class AA Supreme Chef . lvl 100. 1 aa. Class made godly food stuffs. I see making Feast of the Revived. May be consumed only when rez effects are in place. 10k mana when consumed.
    Class AA Supreme Brewer. lvl 100. 1 aa. Class made godly drinks. Brew up Draught of the revived. May be consumed only when rez effects are in place. 10k Endurance when consumed.
    No reason druids couldn't be the be all end all of baking and brewing via AAs and also take care of the post death mana problem(or use the brew/bake for any number of other effects for that matter). Heck make the items class usable only for that matter.
  12. Beatslayer Journeyman

Activated AA: Take Root - "Your feet sprout vines into the ground below!" - Player roots themselves until their next spell is successfully channeled (ignores push).

Activated AA: Jungle Pheromones - "Your target begins to smell... strange.." - Your target gravitates nearby enemies towards them (a la Ut'len's Grasp).

Passive AA: Lung Power - Pushback of the Wall of Wind AA is increased by XX percent per rank.

Detrimental Spell: Projected Twincast - "Your target has been set up for the ole' one-two." - The next 2 damaging spells (with cast time greater than 1) to land on this target will be twincasted.
    And, Lastly....
    Activated AA: An Epic Apology - "We're sorry for an epic effect that decayed in days"

[IMG] Season's Fury II

Description
    1: Increase Incoming Spell Damage by 50%
    2: Limit: Max Level(999)
    3: Limit: Effect (Hitpoints allowed)
    4: Limit: Instant spells only
    5: Limit: Spell Type (Detrimental only)
    6: Limit: Target (AE PC v1 excluded)
    7: Limit: Target (PB AE excluded)
    8: Limit: Target (Targeted AE excluded)
    9: Limit: Target (Uber Giants excluded)
    10: Limit: Target (Uber Dragons excluded)
    11: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
    12: Limit: Min Level (2)
    Details
    Mana: 1
    Casting Time:Instant
    Resist: Chromatic [Lowest]
    Resist Adjust:-300
    Range: 250
    Time of Day: Any
    Max Hits:20
    Interruptable: Yes
    Target Type: Single
    Spell Type:Detrimental
    guado and moogs like this.
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I like all 5 of your ideas. The debuff Twincast is a unique one, I like it depending on cast time and such. Although.... If they wanted to give us a solid spell, a debuff that makes 8-10% of spells Twincast would be huge for Druid utility and caster ADPS in general. /thumbs up for that idea. Hell, remove empathy from our fire and ice DoTs, replace with 10-15% chance to Twincast spells of that resist type.

The last one, the epic one. Good but please for the love of god do not give our epic debuff hit counters. That is bologna for modern EQ with the number of split nukes and whatnot used today.
  14. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

Some great ideas in here guys and gals, keep em coming!

One thing I would like to see for druids as far as AA's go are some AA's that couple 2 or 3 spells together. There are many times when I find myself one spell slot short in fights for all the spells I need, and I feel like an AA that combines 2 similar spells into 1 effect would go a long way into reducing the amount of spell sets I need. At this point I'm at 10+ different spell sets which in my opinion is a little much to micro manage and each expansion seems to be making it worse imo.
  15. Akila New Member

I quit playing when I found out that the endurance regen on our new spell was broken, and there was no plan to fix it at the time. So I'd like to see a spell that cannibalizes the health of our group into a fairly large endurance increase on our target. The recast timer could be 5 minutes to prevent abuse. Otherwise, just boost the damn endurance regen on our existing spell to about 20/tick. then at least druids aren't always stuck in the profile 'caster group healer' - meaning, a druid is not normally desired for any tanking/named group fights... therefore a druid is automatically not very desired in non-trivial group content
  16. Tarrin Augur

Even in light of the spells in the beta data file, I am fine with shamans keeping the melee side of things if Druids can make a few more adjustments in the caster side of things.

The endurance regen on our spells means very little to me. Either way, I am still MGBing skin. Still skin-ing people as they rez (outside of a few select classes).

Being a caster group healer in a raid does not mean you can't heal groups.

I prefer being a "caster group healer." Caster's do not take as much damage as melee. This opens up to allowing me to debuff more often (since we have to many frikkin ones to land), and personal DPS. Being in a caster group also more easily allows me to switch to out-of-group tank healing in a raid. With our current healset, I do *not* want to transition into a melee group healer.
  17. Beatslayer Journeyman

Activated AA: Scatter Like Insects - "You burrow into the soil from which you came" - Group shadowstep + group 18-second invisibility + group fade.

Activated AA: Learning Curve - "Your begin to pay closer attention to your mistakes" - Applies 'Learning Curve Effect' to self with 3 minute duration. When this fades, all Expertise counters are removed.
    . . Learning Curve Effect - When a Category: Heal [instant] spell is cast, apply 1 counter of 'Healing Expertise' and remove all DoT/Nuke Expertise counters.
    . . Learning Curve Effect - When a Category: DoT spell is cast, apply 1 counter of 'DoT Expertise' and remove all Heal/Nuke Expertise counters.
    . . Learning Curve Effect - When a Category: Dir. Damage [instant] spell is cast, apply 1 counter of 'Nuke Expertise' and remove all Heal/DoT Expertise counters.
    . . Healing (or DoT or Nuke) Expertise counters - Each counter increases the base value all heals (or DoTs or Nukes) by X percent.

Activated AA: Finest Hour - "All that you are, you give to those in dire need." - The values of your hitpoints and mana switch and applies an incurable Splurt-type DoT to self.

Detrimental Spell: Mesmerizing Beauty - Randomly gives one of the following messages: "Your target stops to smell the roses", "Your target gazes upward to wonder what the weather may bring", "Your target takes a moment to pull out an annoying thistle", etc. - This long-range detrimental spell generates zero hate and halts the travels of any unagro NPC for 60 seconds. This root-like form of CC works only as long as the NPC remains unagro.

Passive AA: Bear Crawl - "You revert to your natural instincts and begin to walk on all fours." - Standing now provides the same mana recuperation benefits as sitting.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The druid being able to toggle size of AA White and Black wolf (both self only and group) illusion between normal and maximum shrunk. If toggled to maximum shrunk, then when you click the AA to cast it the wolf form illusion landing on everyone is a small wolf.

In other words, if I choose max shrink, then from that point on whenever I click the AA the illusions are tiny. If I want them to be normal size, I toggle to normal. So on raids I can set once to tiny and from that moment on myself, my group, and all group pets will be tiny wolves whenever I use the AAs.

No need for anyone to block the wolf form because it is too big or have to shrink every single time it lands on them.

This should be for both the self only and group versions.
    Pirouette and moogs like this.
  19. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

I know during the Dev chat yesterday they said a Druid quick mana regen wasn't on the slate at this point and time, but I'm here to appeal to the Devs once again for them to throw us some sort of bone in this aspect. If a druid dies and gets a battle rez, rez, what have you, they are essentially a waste of a rez at this point. There is no way for the Druid to get back into the fight without some sort of ability to help them in this regard.

Please Devs, please, look into something, anything that can help our class in this regard. Even an AA that gives us 25% mana rather than a full mana recover would be something, anything, to make us useful again in post rez scenarios.
    Addikeys and Pirouette like this.
  20. Tarrin Augur

I can't think of any reason why a Druid should be the only INT/WIS based class hampered in this regard.

It completely baffles me.

If this isn't changed, Druids will continue to be the only class that must beg and send mass tells out during a raid event hoping that someone else is nice enough to use their mana return abilities on us. It is completely uncalled for.

Thankfully I have a Kiss of E Marr + a stack of mana pots. Neither one was earned in game, yet they both are the only things allowing me to be on par with any other mana based class and get myself back into a fight after a rez.

It is incredibly silly I must look to non-Everquest based items to overcome this serious flaw.
    moogs, Aeonblade and Pirouette like this.