[Druid] Future new AA's, Spells, Ideas. Give me your thoughts

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Siwin Nonesuch, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

Coruth posted this in another thread but I think it should be in this one too, soooo.....
    Oh, I like that idea. :)
    I'm kind of jealous that I didn't think of it.
    Only question I have would if it would be better to have it as an AA or a Clicky Breast Plate effect Or a Spell?
  2. Quazie Elder

Here's a crazy idea: a spell/aa that removes rez effect. Not quite the same as something like QM, but it would get regen going again. Make it targetable and you'd have a very in demand ability, but throw a long cooldown on it so you had to be very choosy on when to cast it.
  3. Lighteningrod Augur

Innate Fire Beetle Eye.
    Pirouette, Teslin and porky like this.
  4. Tarrin Augur

Heals that can proc a "bigger next nuke" or a "twincast next nuke" effect.
    Heals that can proc a "bigger healing recourse of remote line" effect

Can be the heal itself, or rather than a new heal line a buff with a duration/set number of counters/aura.
  5. Iila Augur

Nuke that casts a pbae heal on target's target. (AE remote heal)

Unlink remote moonfire, give us those and we'll be on the way to being the dps priest as a class niche. Will be worse dps than our burn lineup, but we'd be able to contribute some meaningful healing on the MT/raid while getting in some dps and keeping the mob targeted for AA debuffs and storm strike.
    porky and Tarrin like this.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I've always liked the idea of the DPS-healer niche.

Which is why most everyone wants Remote Moonfire to have its recast timer ID removed. So that we have 2 Nuke/ToT Heal spells. Which clerics already have I guess.

Also reduction in recasts for Remotes, ToT Heal on nuke casts or ToT nukes on heal casts (the former being better due to Mezzed mobs and such), Arboreal Absolution fixed so that it functions like Reluctant Benevolence (or just give Druids their own version of the AA), etc.

Stuff like this that allows us to heal and DPS at the same time.
    Pirouette and Tarrin like this.
  7. Iila Augur

Yeah, the other AA I was pushing was one that removed the recast on remote for 30-60s. Would put us at about 75% of our max burn during RoF T3 if it removed the extra recast time.and was used with our full burn abilities. And we'd be casting heals on the tank faster than normal, which would be awesome for group named. But maybe dropping recast so we still had to cast another spell in between each remote would be more 'balanced' and make it less of push-one-button-for-a-minute disc.
  8. porky Augur

Genius! And unlink all the nuke-heals and heal-nukes
  9. sojuu Augur

Read a while back where someone suggested an AA that would root yall in place to avoid pushes and being thrown around. I thought that was such a cool idea for druids. Is that not something wanted anymore?
  10. Tarrin Augur

Tree form is very much wanted in an updated form!

Esp group tree form, in a MGB form that has a great enough buff/benefit where people won't block it.

There is no downside to this idea.

PS Don't forget an inside usable version, Potted Plant Form.
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

When I originally suggested this AA (before VoA beta I believe), every event and its brother had a push-back/pull effect in HoT. Which was a large reason that prompted the idea. Dunno how prevalent it is now.

But then in VoA, most every T4 event had a mana drain, and as druids remained the only caster class with no mana recovery ability, I (and others!) suggested a mana recovery AA for druids. Even without mana drains however, after a death the need to get some mana quickly to function at the base level of your class (spamming vida), this is still a relevant idea.

So. In summary, having a self/group root effect wouldn't be quite as useful now as say a mana recovery. However if it has other benefits (like treeform did), it would definitely be worthwhile.

Something to consider:

During Kunark, our regen buff was 15 HP/tick, our Mask buff was 3 Mana/tick; Our tree form (Spirit of Oak) during that same era, was 11 HP/tick AND 9 Mana/tick. (It stacked with both of the prior mentioned buffs) If we could get a self treeform AA that has large mana/HP recovery properties, that would be awesome. If you work off our current values, thats about 510 HP/tick and 123 Mana/tick. Not anything game-breaking, but certainly worth clicking if it had a reasonable cast time (instant - 1s) and a reason recast time (30-60s), to allow us to click off and click back on if moving around a raid or mission is necessary.
    Dubbo likes this.
  12. Coruth Augur

AA that all nukes for next 30 seconds do a reflected heal of same amount on the Target of who you are nuking. 10-15 min timer.
    guado likes this.
  13. Iila Augur

There's two current mana drains in raids. The Neriak1 one is a random emoted one, with an ae drain. It's only a few thousand mana, so is easy to deal with, unlike the Windsong one which was effectively a DT for us. The other is in Bixie1 as a punishment for not following a mechanic and can be quite brutal. I've had it eat my whole mana bar.

Gravity effects are used a LOT less now. There are still a decent amount of knockback AEs to interrupt spells.
  14. Perplexed Augur

long overdue change!
  15. moogs Augur

Would it be possible to have our healing spells cost less mana when rez effects are active?
  16. Gr8fuldave Augur

Mana recovery is top priority IMO
  17. Iila Augur

Mana recovery is going to be via spell, not AA.

It may or may not be any good, but that's what coming.
  18. moogs Augur

Skin to Plant AA please!
    Tarrin likes this.
  19. Tarrin Augur

With losing a spell gem to the mana recovery spell..we really need to be able to convert more debuff spells to AAs.

I would love to combine them (with a slightly lesser debuffing total), or just have straight copies (heck, I'd even take a slightly lesser form of them here as well) just to regain a little bit of control over my spell gems again.
    moogs likes this.
  20. moogs Augur

I would love to have One fire debuff and One cold debuff. If not, I'll take another 3-4 ranks of Mnemonic Retention.