Druid dps?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by iceriver, Dec 3, 2023.

1. iceriver New Member

So just started a new team from level 1. have a tank healer dps then a druid. mostly just wanted a druid for tracking and ports but also for dps. I know at higher levels the nukes have resist debuffs which will help the mage. but overall how is the druid dps? dont plan on using dots. mostly nukes maybe named will cast a couple dots if I'm not lazy.
  2. Conq Augur

At end game, your druid dps is DOTs. Druid nukes are a little better than cleric nukes.
    Conq
    Roxas MM likes this.
  3. Iuwene Augur

As said, high level your dots are your bread and butter. Druids can parse in the top ten dps on raids. But be aware that the big dots you get later in game are real mana hogs. And we do not have any reasonable way to recover mana on our own like nearly every other class has.

In my box group I usually outdps my mage, but will be nearly oom after 30 min constant fighting, aka lesson time.
  4. Tuco Augur

What is your tank/healer/dps classes?

If one of them offers mana to the group (bard, shadowknight, enchanter, beastlord, to a lesser extent mage/necro), druid DPS can be quite good.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. iceriver New Member

im just running a sk/shm/mage. with a healer and melee merc. might change melee merc out for another mage at some point.
    Tuco likes this.
  6. Tuco Augur

Depending on how good your boxing skills are and whether you're using third party software like inner space boxer, you might experience a drop in lethality from replacing a merc with another box. Easy options that reduce this risk would be a bard (because they have a very high skill floor) or a mage (because they're easy to play and you've already got one). Druids aren't too bad because you can just pop over, click a DoT macro and move on.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Roxas MM Augur

if you dont use dots on your druid, then you're far better off with a wizzy for ports and dps.
  8. Spacemonkey555 Augur

New change on beta, the druid aa nukes now cast in .1 (can put all three on multibind and they'll cast on one click), cost 1/5 or so the mana they used to, and now they crit and seem to be increased by druid wolf aa. No aa focus/item focus/twincast/etc still, but much more interesting now than they used to be. So now druids can be oom even faster, and regret being rezzed even more.
    Heploc likes this.
  9. Canardvc Lorekeeper

Does it affect LS druids only or is it retroactive ?
  10. Iuwene Augur

I haven't bought the new AA yet, but the old ones at NoS level are now also instacast.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo