Druid DPS, VOA era

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Morgen, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Morgen Elder

There's a dearth of raiding druid mains on Phinigel and so I was hoping to get some help on optimizing raid DPS. Generally I'm in caster group, almost always have an enc, sometimes have a bard (about 50% of time). I stack 2 spellproc DD augs in my mainhand/secondary and (when I have them) use spellproc potion too. The last expansion (HOT) I was using Swarm dot -> Sunsear dot -> Grp Blackwolf/AA Twincast/First spire burn click -> Nature's Wrath -> alternate top level Winter's nuke and the one the level range below it, refresh DOTs. That was sufficient to do pretty good on parse. Now there is Roar line, and Cold DOT, and I'm wondering what the best way to integrate is. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/druid-raiding-druid-guide.131/

Post 3/4 have DPS information from VoA but the value of spells has shifted since the DoT revamp.

Now I typically do similar to what you do. Lead off a fight with:

Wildblaze Aura
    Group Black Wolf
    Focus of Arcanum
    First Spire of Nature
    Nature’s Fury
    Silent Casting

Cast Spell Twincast then cast

AA-Storm Strike
    Horde
    Sunsear
    Nature’s
    Roar
    Remote
    Summer
    Winter

Cast AA Improved Twincast and Rotate:

Roar
    Remote
    Summer
    Winter

Refresh all 3 DoTs as they wear off. Use Storm Strike on cooldown. Use a Resonant Elemental Tonic. Use Wildfire Aura. Make sure someone casts Skin to Foliage and use Blessing of Ro AA to reduce fire Resist.

It used to be the case that our Crashing Hail line of rain nukes was good enough to warrant being in our burn chain but I recall hearing about some nerf to the rain line that caps the critical hit rate on the spell? I’ve never personally tested it. Perhaps something to test now that dummies are in guild halls.

Chill of the Natureward is not good enough to warrant a spell slot unless a mob is fire resistant at this point in time. The Blazing Sunray and Moonbeam DoTs with Resist/empathy Debuffs are good ADPS for a full Raid, but for personal DPS on a named mob or on a shorter burn target, they aren’t worth it. Sadly there aren’t enough available spell slots to allow you to cast these without going Necro and scribing spells inbetween casts.