[Druid] BP effects

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Iila, May 20, 2014.

1. Iila Augur

Going off the cleric post, what are feelings about our current BP focus and clickies, and ideas for new ones?

Personally, I really like our current focus. It's a very solid effect with a decent amount of power and positively effects how I play. Some small focus bonus or mana preservation to a spell wouldn't be nearly as useful, powerful, or versatile. Having wolf form always up actually changes how the class plays, and I am happy with that change.

As for the click effect. It's certainly not bad. It adjusts itself to whatever we're doing and works fine with AE spells and group heals. The bonus doesn't focus or crit, which is intentional so that it's easier for Chandrok to balance. At the same time, it is kind of boring, for those reasons. I wouldn't be unhappy if it stayed, but I'd also like to see something more exciting.

BP click effects tend to be flat-ish effects, not focusable or otherwise multiplied. So they'll do a total of X damage/healing, without any real way to increase that.

Couple things I'd like to see would be:
    A remote (nuke->heal) in the 75k-100k range. Similar in function to our current BP in that it does healing and dmg, but this front loads them into one click instead of piggy-backing off our next 20 spells.

Mana recovery click of some sort. Have to keep asking.

Any other comments/concerns/desires with our current BP effects or potential future ones?
  2. Tarrin Augur

I absolutely love the wolf form focus. I would be happy if this never gets changed.

I am in the same boat as you with our click. It's solid, with its bonus being versatility. I am only worried that if we say we want it changed they'll give us something like a 1 shot DS clickie again that drives me crazy.

I personally don't get excited about 1 shot BP clicks and like the aspect of something increasing our next X number of spells, but its not a deal breaker for me if the 1 shot is worth it with a very fast cast time. Instant or 0.5 seconds at most.
  3. Perplexed Augur

I like the focus and clickie on our BP, and have no wish to see it change except to upgrade it to the new expansion.
    Fanra likes this.
  4. guado Augur

Elidroth: In exchange for upgrading our current BP focus and click, since it would techincally save development time, perhaps create a Druid mana regen or AA? You know what? It doesn't even have to be mana regen, how about just locking a Gift of Mana when it pops for a set duration of time, similar to the relationship between twincast and impoved twincast?
  5. Iila Augur

Chandrok does items, including BP effects.
    Elidroth does AAs.
    Aristo does spells.

I know to us, there might not be hard distinctions between those 3 areas, but to the devs there are. Asking for changes in an area that a dev doesn't work on won't get any results.

The only way I could see needing a new focus in the foreseeable future would be if we got another rank of extended wolf form.
  6. Iila Augur

Oh, right, the effect I've been trying to get somehow. Submitted it as an aa, but since I stole the idea from an SK bp:

Click buff that removes the recast from our remote line for 30-60s. Give us a good heal and DPS mana dump option.
  7. The Drood Elder

Survival of the Fortuitous clicky on the BP would rock give us added group healing power like the shamans have it only makes logical sense.

The Focus can stay the same maybe bump it to 6 or 8 tics from 3 on our raid BP.