Drogmor mount and levitation -- Feature or Bug?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gialana, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Gialana Augur

I have experienced the following on two accounts. When my character has a levitation buff (perfected levitation, if it matters) and is riding a Drogmor mount, I can't decrease my elevation by looking down (I play in first person view). My only options to get to ground level are to dismount and look down, run backwards, or stop and wait to lose elevation.

I have only tested this on the Drogmor mount summoned with the Glowing Black Drum. All of the other mounts I tested did not suffer this problem. So I'm just wondering if it's intentional that a Drogmor mount can't be forced to the ground while running forward and looking down. Also, I'm curious if there are other mounts with which people have had this experience.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I found this on Alla under the description of the glowing black drum from 2010:

"When levitating on a horse you can look down and float forward/down.

On a drogmor, your direction of movement is always level so you have to WAIT until you levitate down slowly. There is no way to GO down, unless you click off the drogmor buff and walk."

Sounds like it still applies.
    Gialana likes this.
  3. Gialana Augur

Interesting. I hadn't read the comments on Alla but see that one now. I wouldn't be surprised if Drogmor mounts have always behaved this way. Still, I hope it's just a bug that's never been reported or addressed since I can't think of a logical reason why the Drogmors can't run to the ground when most or all other mounts can.

One thing I've discovered is that you can get a mount to the ground from the sky pretty quickly by running backwards. It also doesn't seem to matter which direction your character is looking. Although it's a solution, it's also a nuisance, especially when auto following. If the Drogmor mounts aren't fixed or changed, I'll probably just buy a cheap horse in the bazaar.
  4. Conq Augur

My END key makes me levitate straight down, works if I'm moving forward, reverse or standing still. Not sure if that's the default for that movement key or not? I'm not an EQ machine atm.
    Conq
    svann and Gialana like this.