Draught of The Craftsmen

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Red-Liner, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Red-Liner Journeyman

Sorry in English not being the best.
    Just in return to game after 3 year and wanting like for ever making own armor.
    Buying for 600k plat is most of half my money for buy 14 Conflagrant Ore to making Conflagrant metal Sheet.
    Buying all other component like coal to get good to make armor
    Maxed smithing and trophy I am buying Draught potion to not losing all components. Seeing price has gone higher but is ok for potion I understand.
    Click potion in for 2 hours.
    Making Conflgrant Metal Sheet is no problem.
    Making armor I am losing Metal Sheet. Seem to be in lose 1 sheet on each time is failing.
    Managing to be made maybe 4 armor slot before no Metal Sheet in bag.
    Now have to not waste Draught so in big rushing to bazaar to be spend more plat maybe 500k to be buying more Ore.
    Trying to making last armor but still in losing some Metal Sheet.
    Final time not able to making greaves in running out of Metal Sheet.
    Question is first is Potion for Draught work ok?
    Second is it now in planning to be sometimes or every time in failing combine to be losing one component.
    Will be same for when I making leather armor for Druid?
    maybe to for silk armor?
    Thankyou in answer. Sorry if already in being answered but is not easy for me in all reading every forum repliy
    Thank again
  2. Goodn Augur

Do not use Draughts of the Craftsmen on Live Servers right now.

The simple answer is that there is an override happening on current live servers for the potion Draught of the Craftsmen. A number of the conflagrant recipes have built in salvages (for example, the chest combines that require 3 of the main ingredient...Ngreth built in that you will always get 2 of the main ingredient back when you fail [I think technically that you should get 2 back almost all of the time and there is a small chance you get nothing or one or something else]). The current salvage code is incompatible with this change and gets overwritten.

When using the potion, this means that the all salvage cannot take place.

This is FIXED!!! in the next patch (currently on test, scheduled for Live Wednesday, Feb 21st). So don't do any more Draughts of the Craftsmen until after the patch Wednesday. Then you should not have any more problems.
    Fanra likes this.
  3. Cloudia Augur

Do you mean in regard to Conflagrant (RoS) crafting or all combines?
    Don't see how it would affect old recipes, but then this is EQ and the law of unintended consequences is in full force.
  4. Goodn Augur

Sorry...I meant specifically for any conflagrant combines. By the time I realize my error, I couldn't edit the post any longer.

As far as I know, it should be fine for anything prior to RoS.