Draught of the Craftsman not working on ROS recipies

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elthorien, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Jabontik New Member

So basically, You are saying I can pay $20 for a potion (Draught of the Craftsman) that will only function on the new bracers and gauntlets, but does absolutely nothing for me on all the breastplate, legs, arms, helms, boots, anything in RoS that requires more than one ore? Can someone make a list of all the recipies that the Draught does NOT work on now? I tried to make shammy boots last night, using the Draught and it ate one ring every time. It appears any RoS recipie that uses more than one Conflagrant Ore, or Silk Swatch, etc Draught does not work on. Can I have my $20 back? Or at least change the description on the draught so I can make an informed purchase decision. Something like, "returns 100% of failed tradeskill components, but only for 2 out of 7 new RoS visible armour recipies
  2. Villy New Member

Okay so a friend an I just lost a couple million plat worth of mats on over two craftsman pots. Trying to make Monk and Magician armor suits. I find this and its a known problem, and possibly working as intended? The potion description says 100% salvage.. I find this to be false advertising and completely unacceptable.

How do I get our mats back on the failures as a result of this bug? There were a lot of them that just poofed. The potion would return 1 too few swatches or leathers when the combine had more than 1. Only the bracers work with the potion as advertised.
  3. Angahran Augur

Coming soon to the marketplace, Draught of the Craftsman II, only $40
    Tatanka likes this.
  4. Gialana Augur

In addition to what Thrillho said, only successful combines can evolve tradeskill trophies. While failures can increase your kill, they don't evolve the trophies.
    Tatanka likes this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yes, you shouldn't equip the trophy while using DotC to skill up, for two reasons:

1 - Most combines will be failures, so it won't evolve much, anyway
    2 - Since you WANT failures when skilling up with a DotC, you don't want the extra few % of skill points that the trophy will give you.
    Gialana likes this.