Dragons, Dragons, Dragons! and Giants, Giants, Giants! Won't be available on Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xhartor, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Xhartor Augur

Going by the schedule posted on Allakhazam and what the Calendar shows for SoD unlock date on Mangler, the server will miss these events by 8 days.

Dragons, Dragons, Dragons! and Giants, Giants, Giants! - Starts November 10th, 2021 12AM PT; Ends December 7th, 2021 at 11PM PT.

SoD unlocks on December 15th.

This effectively means that a large amount players on this server won't get to experience these events.

Is it possible extend these events for a couple weeks so the players on Mangler can experience them, or give Mangler a limited release after SoD unlocks?
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

They do come around every year. I've had "limited" success getting an event extended by DPG, but it was mostly due to their own interruption (and that it had an effect on all servers)..

It is not an easy thing for them to do (because everything has been automated via script now), so likely you're just out of luck. That's just part of being on a TLP.

Several of us have repeatedly made commentary about special events on TLP's being tied to expansion unlocks, as well as the global script. It is possible for some events to occur, such that the following year they will be completely obsolete on a TLP, where the would have otherwise been useful for 2-3 expansions between.

I earnestly believe, that within the first month of an expansion unlock, TLP's should gain one week's worth of access to associated yearly events (barring seasonals). It isn't a whole lot of time, but those with motivation will make the best of the opportunity.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  3. Machen New Member

These events have always been weird on the TLP's. It's a crap shoot whether they appear within an expansion or two of when they are supposed to, or in your case a year and four or five expansions later. You will get them eventually, and the gear will still be relevant when you do. But it's a lot more fun to do these fights in era.

It would be great if they set something up on the TLP's where they would be available for a month or so upon the launch of the associated expansions. Or even an expansion or two before. IIRC on Fippy we got giantsx3 during SoF, which was a blast as the final giant is the SoD boss so we got to try him early at level 80. Either that or it was right at SoD launch and we did him in giantsx3 before we did him for real. I forget which.
    Aneia likes this.
  4. Xhartor Augur

Waiting a year does mean another round TLP servers will be released and that will extract it's toll on Mangler. It just such small windows we are missing it by.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Having seasonal / special / anniversary etc events launch on TLP for a small window on expansion unlocks would be great. Fabled, Hardcore Heritage, Death Death Death, Dragons/Giants x3, Stone Cold Summer etc.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  6. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I don't really see the need for the seasonals. Notably, Bristlebane has the only real "useful" reward there. Mostly they're just "fun" items, with some exception (BB and I think one of the Frostfell's? Something there to do with luck and Bacon)

The x3's, Anniversary, HH, and Fabled.. they all come into play somehow though. Fableds and HH, especially, can be useful or outright wasted if the timing is off.

Also Stone Cold Summer needs to be tied into the last 2 weeks of House of Thule for TLP's, as it directly ties to Veil of Alaris launch.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Machen New Member

That would be nice. Having to build the portal after voa launch is a pita.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I might be wrong but I seem to recall Ngreth previosuly saying its very complicated to do the expansion related events on TLP at the same time the xpansions unlock due to how their events sytem operates.

Like really on TLP you could have 2-4 of the same seasonal events a year if you were trying to match events to expansion unlock speeds - though they'd also last for around 1/4 of the time.

They'd possibly need to re-write the even system to get the stars to align properly on these events, until then its a crapshoot what you get when, usually late or too late, but never early & once in a blue-moon close to the right time.