Dragon's Balance

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Tzarok, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Tzarok New Member

From spell info:

Dragon's Strike

1: Dragon Punch Attack for 472 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    THAT is what is causing the knockback to trigger. The Dragon's Strike (that comes from theDragon's Balance Effect) is a Dragon Punch Attack.
    Dragon's balance -> Add Proc: Dragon's Strike rate mod 500
    We are getting the knockback triggered directly from this WITHOUT using Dragon Punch (the ability) at all.

Um......that would be our Dragon Punch AA?
  2. Tzarok New Member

Also

Removing it altogether is a bad idea, unless the AA is changed in to an activated ability as opposed to a passive ability tied to Dragon Punch. It has it's uses situationally. In fact, changing the AA to activated seems like the simplest way to fix this.
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  3. Nedrom Augur

Dragon Punch has been an activated AA via hotkey since Depths of Darkhollow years and years ago. Monks haven't needed to use the skill dragon punch skill to perform a knock back for a very long time.
  4. SaderakhBertox Augur

My only issue with Dragon Punch and its knock back effect is that I cannot do it more often. That's a completely different situation than the Dragon's Balance discipline, expected to be a dps upgrade, to fire off a knock back repeatedly without control. The two are intertwined it seems.

Suggestion: Scrap Dragon's Balance, make Master Wu's Balance, and have tiger claw and eagle strikes firing off like a kung fu master drinking Red Bull. Tweak duration / reuse to match the intended damage output of Dragon's Balance, so it still feels like an upgrade over the Tiger's or Eagle's Balance discs that came before.

Then, if you went that route, you could remove conflict from Two-Finger Wasp Touch and shaman's 97 spell Feralisinia.

Two-Finger Wasp Touch AA
    1: Skill Damage Taken (90%)
    2: Skill Damage Taken (90%)
    3: Skill Damage Taken (90%)

Shaman - Feralisinia Rk. III - level 97
    1: Transform Body Type (21)
    3: Skill Damage Taken (15%)
    4: Skill Damage Taken (15%)
    5: Decrease Chance to Hit by 8% with All Skills
    Vexed likes this.
  5. Tzarok New Member

That's what I get for taking time off, I actually didn't know that. Best way to get a response on the interwebs is to say something wrong correct?
  6. SaderakhBertox Augur

Absolutely lol
  7. Tzarok New Member

So....any update to a fix?
  8. d0nkeyx New Member

9. Dropfast Augur

Is the Fix for this getting added into the Test patch? I did not see this or our Five Point Palm fix in the patch notes?
  10. Riou EQResource

Dragon's Balance wasn't fixed no
  11. Kiillz Augur

based on that .....dont expect to see it anytime soon.
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  12. Xdevlx Journeyman

I'll bump this up for my buddy, and because I'd like to hear ANY kind of news about it.
  13. Kiillz Augur

I wouldnt count on any any time soon.
  14. Povarmonk Elder

Yeah it never gonna happen!
    Kiillz likes this.
  15. sojuu Augur

Im still not of level to use the disc but from my understanding the disc has no knockback itself. Is the knockback from using dragons punch with it or is the knockback occuring with the disc even though you are using flying kick?
  16. Khoza Augur

The knockback occurs because the ability procs Dragon Punch. It seems likely to me that this is either because Dragon Punch, unlike Divine Surge of Battle and Gouging Claws of the Jade Tiger, has a 100% proc rate, or, it's simply coded differently, allowing it to proc off a proc'd skill. (It is much older, after all.)

I'd think the latter far more likely, which should make this an easy fix, just recoding Dragon Punch in the same style as the other AAs. But, of course, I don't really know if either theory is correct.
  17. sojuu Augur

I know speculation says because the ability procs dragon punch there is knockback. But just curious if people are running with dragon punch with using this disc, or if they are using flying kick and getting knock back. I need hurry up and level so i can test this lol
  18. SaderakhBertox Augur

Just read the description for the class AA Dragon Punch. It performs a knockback. When you activate Dragon's Balance, it automatically does those repeatedly from melee attacks (like Eagle's Balance does Eagle Strikes from melee attacks).

They could refund everyone's class AA skill Dragon Punch, or figure out how to remove the knockback from occurring only when using Dragon's Balance.

If you want to push something away from you, just turn your back to the mob, and use grappling strike hehe... weird huh
  19. sojuu Augur

So I was able to answer my own question. I used dragons balance and without ever touching dragons punch ability the push was all over the place.
  20. SaderakhBertox Augur

Did you like it? Would you use it again? ;)