Dragon hoard buy slots question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by smash, Dec 12, 2020.

1. smash Augur

If I buy slots from markedsplace.

Say 25 slots, will ALL my characters get the 25 slots, or is it only 1 char that gets it ?

So if i example have the standard 8 characters, I would get 25 on all characters. Or do I need to spend around 12000 dbg coins to get 25 slots more on each characters ?
    Moege and Yinla like this.
  2. Leigo You come here often?

One character. The hoard is linked to your character not the account. Just like hero's forge.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Yes, they want YOU to pay a fortune for faster zoning times, even of you don't need more bank space...:rolleyes:
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Dragon's Hoard is just starting. There may be changes. There may be slots given for achievements.

Darkpaw said it is a test of a new system and they may change things along the way.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They also said there would be bells and whistle, still wondering what they are.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Stop covering for them. The Dragon's Hoard is a disaster. It, just like the Hero's Forge keyring, should have been discussed with the playerbase before any resources were put into actually developing it. They are not going to make it into anything more than it is regardless of claims. The changes they made to the Hero's Forge keyring did nothing to make it worth having to anyone. Similarly, there are no changes that they are actually going to make to the Dragon's Hoard which will make it any better than it currently is.
    Fenthen and Velisaris_MS like this.
  7. Zunnoab Augur

I'm kind of mind-blown how small it is. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how much real life money is asked for 25 slot expansions. I don't think I'd have believed it if this was rumored prior to the expansion launch, especially with the "1000 slots" guess some had. Someone on the beta boards called it the "Whelp's Handbag." It's a far more fitting name.

I hate to be negative about it. Overall I love the game, but I'm really scratching my head on this one.
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I personally love the Hero's Forge keyring and I know others as well have put it to good use. I haven't fully expanded it yet but I have it up to 84 slots with all of them used atm. Most of the slots are full Suits of armor along with some robes/helms. Sure, not everyone collects the armor sets but I know quite a few do. Saying it's not worth having to anyone is a far stretch.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I would rather have had it for weapon ornaments, at least that is something everyone has, not everyone has forked out for heros forge.

As for the hoard it is very lacking, I think most, if not all were expecting at least the same amount of storage as housing, with the same kind of costs or less.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Sobmre Augur

if you buy slots, your just telling daybreak its ok to give us poor features.
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

Keep micro transactions out of my subscription based games. As an enchanter, I hate that there are illusions everywhere that I can't earn in game and people have them without doing anything in the game. I subscribe because I don't want that trash gameplay model. Playing needs to mean something. It needs to be rewarding. There are plenty of other games where people can spend cash to get crap.

Dragon's horde upgrades, and everything else in game, need to be questable. If it's not, it doesn't belong in EverQuest. Make a new game EverCash or something.
    Jumbur likes this.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

You can add more merc slots via a quest in game. It's not easy or instantaneous, but it's doable.

You can add more active trophy slots via completing collections.

If something can be upgraded/expanded, you should be able to do it in game, not with real money.
    Yinla, Vumad and Fanra like this.
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I wish they would of allowed the Weapon/Shield Ornaments to fit into the Keyring as well. I got quite a few of those still taking up a bunch of space, I'm considering throwing them into the Dragon's Hoard lol.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Zunnoab Augur

I was very, very close to doing so but then I was like "this is 25 slots... 25."