Fixed Dragon Hoard - 101 stacks gone

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by globeadue, Dec 31, 2020.

1. globeadue Lorekeeper

My hoard is gone, I have a petition in place to restore it, but here is the story as I know it how i got to this point.

I have used the dragon hoard since launch no problem... it's full of crafting materials...
    I open it up, try to drop items from my inventory to it, since the hoard is 100/100 items, if they don't leave the cursor, I drop on autobank.
    yesterday something different happened.
    I clicked hoard and immediately dropped the item in my cursor into it that I was holding.
    It went in before the dragon hoard rendered...
    For a brief second, I had 1/100 a few seconds later the inventory loaded and it became 101/100 inventory. I got a laugh at the coding that allowed this to happen, snapped a a funny for my my archives and didn't think twice about it until now..https://i.imgur.com/KmcQBSF.png the quick screen shot I grabbed of the 101/100 state of my dragon hoard.
    I used the hoard several times during the night no issue... logged off, logging in tonight, the entire hoard is gone.
    I checked my item overflow, I checked my parcels, I checked my bank nothing. I logged out and back in, nothing.
    Laurana, Axxius, Moege and 4 others like this.
  2. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

My entire dragon's hoard disappeared today as well. I'm beyond frustrated and well past exasperated as the contents of my hoard represented an enormous time of work and effort and was a significant portion of my tradeskill supplies that i've painstakingly set up for this expansion in addition to items that, in some cases, I've been stockpiling for years.

i also have a petition in, but I suppose we can no longer trust this already underwhelming expansion feature to safeguard our items, despite it functioning just fine for a month.

That's about the nicest and most diplomatic thing I have to say on the subject atm.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Grove Augur

4. klanderso Developer

So here's what's happening generally when a player's Dragon's Hoard is loaded:
    1. You open your Dragon's Hoard window and it sends a message to the server, asking for a list of the items you have in your hoard
    2. The server asks the database for the items in your hoard
    3. The database loads those items and sends them to the server
    4. The server receives that data and sends it down to your window
    In these cases, it looks like the server is still waiting for a response from the database and an item is deposited before getting that response (somewhere after step 1 and before step 4). When this happens, the server goes, "hang on, we got data from the player, we're not waiting on the database anymore!" and ignores the response from the database. This results in the items that were previously in your hoard being lost.

The only reason this is an issue is because we don't see much lag on internal environments. However, we've narrowed down the cause and have a fix slated for the next update. If you contact our customer support team (https://help.daybreakgames.com/) they'll be able to re-add your missing items. When implementing the system, I made sure to have extremely verbose logging. And no, I didn't expect an issue like this to occur, but it's far better to be prepared with all the information, just in case.

In the meantime, the best way to avoid this is to wait for your Dragon's Hoard items to load, count to five, and then you can do whatever you'd like with it.
    Rondor, Laurana, Eaiana and 1 other person like this.
  5. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Appreciate the prompt response and posting as I indicated to you previously - if anyone else has lost items, definitely petition. I'm wary of using the hoard for sure, but i'm going to choose to trust klanderso here since clearly their records indicated what was in there. I will admit however I'm keeping my best, most rare, and valuable TS items elsewhere for the time being.
    Metanis and klanderso like this.