DPS

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Robnie, Mar 26, 2013.

1. p2aa Augur

In raid, a Circle of Power rotation is done and hit everyone in raid. Many times, i was not able to see Heroic Rage landing in song window when Circle of Power was yet up. I will check again.

That's right, it was shield topple that had a conflict with calculated strike

Are you sure on this ? It's not because it's in different slots that the SPA stacks.
    Fllint in his DPS burn guide said effects were not stacking.
    Part 3) of https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/warrior-dps-burn.199764/
    Another source on the internet
    "Increase melee damage modifier for all skills" of https://thesafehouse.org/forums/forum/everquest-wing/training-studios/37840-dps-effects-stacking
  2. p2aa Augur

3. Fintank Augur

There are some funky things that block Heroic Rage (Group Pact of the Wolf AA for one), things with haste in the same slot that have a higher % will block the recourse. Perhaps something like that happened for you? Before I posted I clicked my COP and then hit Heroic Blade and both affects were on me.

It appears I was mistaken in stacking of Hit Damage mods, due to effects now persisting whether they truly stack or not I made an assumption. I also thought the Berserker main burn was based on stacking a bunch of Hit Damage mods together, but I went back through and looked at them and they all do something a little different with the same intent. My apologies on my attempted correction and spreading of false information. I went and tested Hit Damage stacking on my ranger and low and behold only the higher % seems to apply.

However in my DPS rotation I do space these abilities out to be by themselves so while I was wrong in how I thought they worked, in my rotation they appear to still fit where they are coincidently lol.

This is again based on another assumption of mine which may or may not be wrong like above. I assume that Melee crit chance works in the same manner that caster crit chance does. Where different slots stack together. I somewhat persuaded myself into this due to how many melee crit chance abilities/affects there are, but again I might be wrong!
  4. Lianeb Augur

LIne 1 /bandolier activate Shield Stance
    Line 2 /disc Flash of Anger Rk. III
    LIne 3 /Timer 900

Make that your flash key and not have to worry about what you are wielding when you need to hit flash
  5. Triconix Augur

I mean, this works, but why aren't you utilizing Glyph with Mighty Strike? You're leaving 60% damage off of every single hit (since MS is turning each hit into a Crit). There's nothing that doesn't stack with Glyph beside Brutal so it's a waste to leave it for later on.

1. Brutal Onslaught + 2nd + 7th + VR (I guess you can added RoRZ and MF here)
    2. Clicky Mighty Strike and Glyph
    3. Offensive Discipline + Heroic Blade (wait for Glyph to fade for Heroic Blade). Auspice/CoP will negate part of Heroic Blade, but you will still receive the SpA 496 bonus. I have to double check, but I'm 99% positive I can have Heroic Rage running with CoP and Auspice.
    4. If VR isn't back up after Offensive fades, use strikethrough or Weapon Covenant. If VR is up, use that.

Use rampage and stormstrike on refresh (unless the event prevents AEs), but make sure to run RoRZ for one of them. You can do what Fin does and wait for rampage refresh to use the next set of burns, but it's not necessary and you're going to be hard pressed to find fights that last a whole rotation if you're waiting for 3 minutes between rampage cycles. There really aren't many 10-15 minute fights in this expansion.

If you're very twitchy player like I am you'll be swapping weapon sets pretty often. I have them all bound to shift + a number key so I can swap them on the fly with good speed. I also tied /autoskill bash and kick to bandolier set ups that are appropriate for each IE I have kick with DW and bash with 2H/SB.
  6. p2aa Augur

Glyph 60 % Increase to base dmg doesn't stack with Heroic Rage slot 150 % one. As it's a weaker %, I use it after. If you use Glyph with Mighty Strike, you have to wait 1 min 30 before using Heroic Rage.
    But if you are willing to wait, it's indeed a good idea to use it while Mighty Strike is up I agree with you. I guess it depends of the duration of the fight, can you land a full 2 min on Heroic Rage in your fight after this 1 min 30 delay. Probably will need to parse this and check what is better.

I really hardly use Offensive disc in raid due to the drawbacks I gave. As Vehement Rage lands in song window, why don't you use it with Strike through or Weapon Covenant who go in disc window ? The Vehement Rage effect used which is a % increase to min hit stack with them.
  7. Triconix Augur

Yeah, but you're leaving your 2nd best burn 60% less powerful than it could be. That seems like a not so ideal situation. After Mighty Strike fades, go right into offensive and it's nearly the same thing as running Offensive/Heroic.The only thing you have to wait on is the big hit of Heroic rage. Every other benefit you get better at this time - Glyph and Auspice. At worst you'll have COP4 so it's a 20% reduction in chance to crit for about 1.5 minutes. That's easily negated when using Glyph when it should be used.

For fights longer than 6 minutes it's a no brainer to use Glyph with MS. For shorter term burns you should be using Heroic Blade with Brutal just for the maximum output without worrying about a full rotation.

I've never had a problem burning with offensive discs. As I said I have very fast bandolier swapping set up and a disc stop hotkey in the situation where I have to jump in and tank.

And yes you're right with VR. I wasn't thinking straight when I wrote that. When offensive fades I rotate to Strikethrough then WC. If VR is up again, I just click it. Offensive will definitely be up before VR fades.
  8. Brohg Augur

Not "offensive discs". Offensive Discipline. /disc Offensive Discipline Rk. III , which shares timer with Culminating Stand plus includes 4: Increase Hit Damage Taken by 35%
  9. Triconix Augur

So? /disc stop, swap to your SB, pop dicho and resolute and go to town.

Are high end raid tanks really having that difficult a time learning how to use other set ups rather than just depending on CS? Offensive brings down CS for a maximum of 4 minutes if you have to swap immediately after using it. We have enough abilities to string out for 4 minutes with plenty to spare.

Go max hp rotation with WT then use Dicho. That's 3 minutes right there. Use PDH during that time. That leaves you both CoA BP and WB which together will last close to 2 minutes. You have RoS bp which lasts a decent amount of time. You have Bulwark. Just rotating fort into flash and you're taking no melee damage for over half a minute. I just gave anyone who can't figure out simple rotations a solid 5 minutes of no CS tanking. You're welcome.

P.S. I'm well aware of what uses the same timers, Brohg. If you couldn't figure out that I meant offensive discipline when that was literally the exact thing P2aa was quoting me about and the fact it was a pretty obvious typo, then you're pretty uhhh I'll not say it. I mean seriously? We were discussing my burn rotation. If you did know what I was talking about and still gave that response, then you're just being a pompous a-----e. I guess some things will always remain unchanged.
  10. Brohg Augur

You wrote something that was entirely internally consistent, without bringing up the shared timer p2aa is concerned with. Don't blame me for not reading your mind on a supposed typo
  11. Triconix Augur

And now you respond with your comment.
    I originally said:
    P2aa responds with:
    I respond with:
    And then you respond with your comment. It doesn't take a mind reader to deduce that what I said was talking specifically about Offensive Discipline and I just had a simple typo. It takes basic reading comprehension skills and remembering what two people spoke about the previous 4 posts. I know that may be difficult sometimes because people like to overlook words and selectively pick what they want to respond to, but at least try.
  12. Repthor Augur

Do you guys need a moment?
  13. Bigstomp Augur

Am I miss-using War Sheol's? Does it not stack with brutal/mighty? I've been using it like it would be amped up by those.
  14. Zalamyr Augur

Wars Sheol's has a small crit chance mod in slot 1, which is the same slot mighty and brutal use. So those two will overwrite or block the heroic rage buff wars sheol's gives you.
  15. Brohg Augur

the 3 up-front blade hits will benefit from those other discs. So it's still a thing to combo for super-short burns
    Tucoh likes this.