DPS for a few classes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raynrace, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

This!
    Using Rangers as an example our "Auspice of the Hunter" short term ADPS ability has been in relative decline. While Caster ADPS is holding steady or making slight gains even.
    -R

PS: I also note (rangers speaking) that the needs of Group Rangers and Raiding Rangers needs are not entirely the same.
    Raiding rangers need more DPS and ADPS, period.
    Grouping Rangers would like some of that too - but also need a reasonable defensive boost due to the scarcity of plate tanks once progression is finished for the raiders.
  2. Silentchaos Augur

I have never seen what a bard does to casters :(

#Inevergetabard
  3. Shang Augur

Auspice's problem is that it became irrelevant.

Increase Melee Critical Chance: If there's a Berserker in your group, or any other melee crit mod, this does nothing. You only get (in ranger's case) 100%/35=2.9% chance to crit from this ability, and other abilities don't stack with it. As soon as you hit the 100% mark (2.9% actual) you get no benefit. Most classes are at 100% fairly permanently (~2.9% actual)

DoT Chance: Necros are passively at 82% (or 83? Somewhere in the 80s), and auspice gives 33, and they have 4 other ways to get to the 100% (100% actual) crit rate. This SPA stacks (unlike melee), so the 33% is insignificant.

Nuke Chance: This SPA stacks to 100% (100% actual) and Int Casters are in the 60s/70s passively. They have enough other ways to get to 100% for Auspice to be a game-changer.

Heal Chance: Possibly the best part of Auspice now.

Attack: Mob AC has increased, so I guess this is relevant now.. or as relevant as Attack can be?

Accuracy: I can't remember which accuracy SPA is which right now, but most classes are in the 85-95% accuracy range, but I'm pretty sure this will only add a 23% of 15-5% (so between 3.45% and 1.15% actual accuracy increases). When only 50% of my DPS can be modified by accuracy, for me this is a 1.5% DPS increase.

Biggest problem with Melee DPS is the major differentiation in ways SPAs are applied both between classes and archtypes. Why corresponding SPAs between casters/melee don't stack still makes 0 sense to me.

Melee were designed with the ability to fine-tune DPS with modular improvements.
    Casters have no conception of modular improvements, which is why they are too powerful today.
    Esero likes this.
  4. Shang Augur

Group Guardian of the Forest (38%) falling behind Group Bestial Alignment (40%) makes 0 sense to me, as our other form of melee aDPS.

Beastlord have become accustomed to large percentage increases, while Rangers slum in the 3-5% crowd. (15% hit mod (Self-Guardian of the Forest (80% total)) increase vs. 75% (Self-Bestial Alignment (275% total)))
  5. Naugrin Augur

Wizzies still love you.....and we are not 60 to 70% passively.
  6. Shang Augur

Wizards are 42(?) and Mages are 59(?)

Not sure the last time either got an upgrade, but during a typical raid you should be near, at, or above 100% without auspice.
  7. sojuu Augur

I was actually planning on mentioning that raid and the ds after doing it once more, i too noticed the increase but wanted to be sure. I didnt die but i check the mobs i hit autoattack then hit it again right away. This was taking me down to under 10% each time. And this is hitting the button and hitting it again as fast as my finger can move. Always did this to check to see if the ds was real and seemed to be real on every mob.
  8. Brogett Augur

Maybe I'm wrong then. Do they treble the dps output of wizards?
  9. Ruven_BB Augur

Now I know why rangers don't get great adps support. We are lucky to see a 100 percent gain.
  10. Shang Augur

The mid-tier's sick obsession with short burns is the biggest lack of knowledge based issue with this community.

Would you rather beat a 15 minute fight 3 minutes faster (making it 12 minutes) or would you rather beat a 3 minute fight, within the same encounter, 1 minute faster (making it 14 minutes). You can't do both, but if you choose the latter, you're setting yourself up for mediocrity.

The false god of DPS you people worship will not triple on the caster, but they'll stay closer to their maximum possible amount of time for a MUCH longer duration, which is vastly superior than the 60-66 seconds of the shaman epic every 3 minutes.

The reasoning above is the reason class balance is a mess in this game.
    Enkel, Marton, Behelit and 1 other person like this.
  11. Vlerg Augur

or, because some guild have few tank/healers or unskilled tank/healer, massive burn must be all saved up and used together on the dangerous phases... aka ToR sub 25% and the like.

there's alot of talk about DPS, but it's amazing how different fight are when you have 8 competent healer compared to 2 competent, 3 boxed, and 3 more who tag around just cause there's nobodyelse...
  12. Shang Augur

You did not understand what I wrote, and your point is irrelevant to mine.
  13. Vlerg Augur

the point is extremly relevant. alot of classes must save their burn for specific moment of the fight as their guilds rely on bruteforcing trough those part via poping all possible disc at once; classes who could use their CD twice during the fight only get to use it once.

Basicly you can extend the Adps argument to every other role aswell ; without good tank-healers odds are your melee will fall over like flies. without solid players odds are you cannot AoE efficiently and must rely on more CC than ideal ( so less rain, no beam, and no sick zerker-rogue AE burns.).

rogues and zerker would be alot higher if they could AoE reliably.
  14. Enkel Augur

If you think that ADPS doesn't affect the likes of Necros, Mages, and Wizards (in a similar manner as melee(as in, it has a great affect on them)), then you might want to ask around and see what top casters do with max ADPS. The difference between a full ADPS, well played (very few out there) caster, and a lacking ADPS caster is huge.
    Sancus, Marton and Behelit like this.
  15. sojuu Augur

Not saying ADPS does not help casters. But the ADPS needed for a caster is less than needed for melee to maximize dps, WAY less.
    Brogett likes this.
  16. Ruven_BB Augur

Can rangers do more damage in 15 minutes please. Simple solutions have been posted that are not game breaking, and allow for rangers to get excited about using new weapons in the current expansion.

Throw a few bones at monks while your at it.

Thanks,
    Ruven
  17. Behelit Augur

that's only true of a burn. casters have alot more ADPS than melee in a sustained situation (which is every raid this expansion, with the exception of Praetor Vitio for some).
    Enkel likes this.
  18. Piemastaj Augur

Untrue for Casters with pets. Considering they need EVERY melee ADPS buff AND EVERY Caster ADPS buff to actually max out properly. There is not enough space in a single group to effectively cater to that.

Facts should be checked....
    Sancus likes this.
  19. Shang Augur

#HybridProbs
  20. Enkel Augur

HyrbridProbs = #wheredidmymanago!