DPS for a few classes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raynrace, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Excellent time and point.
  2. Crystilla Augur

Just cause I was curious, last week's Xulous Prime kill was just over 6.5 minutes (I found 7 min kills back in February; nothing from our first kills Oct/Nov 2013 though I know they took longer than that).
  3. Enkel Augur

I'm pretty sure shang and I combine have played in over 20 guilds over the last few years, or at least raided with them. His assessment is extremely valid.
  4. Chiaroc New Member

Do RoI and other top guilds' casters use banner burns? And to what extent does that tilt the playing field in favor of casters on Xulous Prime type fights?
  5. Iila Augur

None of our casters or melees use banner burns.

We start from arx1 and stay in zone till all 7 are done. Except for the bench rotations, and they're in-zone before we start. (Not as an anti-banner burn thing, just to make sure they're awake and joining us after being invited to raid)
  6. Shang Augur

I tried banner burning once and crashed zoning in. Never again.
  7. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

No on banner burns here either.
  8. Kunon Augur

Never used them either.

While banner burns might sound good in theory, in practice they are more likely to cause even more issues from the general chaos of people rushing, LDs, different zone times, etc etc
  9. Bahdah Augur

THE STRUGGLE ! :p
  10. Nedrom Augur

Seriously... Stop complaining.

If half of you spent as much time learning your class and optimizing hotkeys and learning your class as you do whining on forums, you would be doing just fine with DPS.

Stop blaming devs for your lack of personal improvement.
    Zentara likes this.
  11. Ruven_BB Augur

Are you complaining about us complaining? And what about the other half? They shouldn't learn their class and optimize hotkeys and learn their class (not sure why that was listed twice, perhaps for emphasis) as well?
  12. Taiqwon Augur

WTF is a banner burn?
    Brogett likes this.
  13. Kiillz Augur

i tried to burn a banner once....I almost got expatriated. I was told it was just Un Norrathian.
  14. sojero One hit wonder

I believe its where you load everything up for a burn in the guild hall where it wont tick down, and port down for the burn phase so that you have everything going and have it all back up again so the burn can go for twice as long.

That is just the theory I can come up with, but as other have said, with lag, disconnects etc, I wouldn't recommend it.
  15. SaderakhBertox Augur

[IMG]

'Personal Improvement' still has a ceiling, and some are saying that ceiling is too low.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

Load glyphs and anything that isn't a disc or short buff Bar and banner in. That's a banner burn.

It isn't really as effective as it was in the past since most critical ADPS and burns are short buff bar or discs, and connections
  17. sojuu Augur

I was actually wondering what a banner burn was too. I thought it involved rotating players out. Like X set does there main burn, then Y set banners in with a fresh set of timers to do a burn again. But this was just speculation as I had no clue what a banner burn was, and it seemed to me to be more trouble than it was worth.
  18. Romance Augur

The solution is finally here.

Sub IF_FUNCTION ()
    If (Forum Whining) ≤ (Learning Class (x2)) + (Optimizing Hotbars) Then
    MsgBox "DPS = Fine"
    End If
    End Sub
    Iila, Arwyn-RoV, Brogett and 2 others like this.
  19. Maeryn Augur

Yes, it got it's most attention from Battle Prowess aka Living Legacy #4 when guilds got "crazy fast" times of 3-4min in 2008 helped by things like having double spire duration. If anyone has a parse for Avatar of Despair to checks it's HP total can have a good laugh about what was the peak DPS in the game 6 years ago.

At the time it was a big deal because if a guild used banner burn it lowered the stats of the aug for everyone else on the server and even people in the banner burning guild as the best times would be accomplished benching low dps classes and it was considered more important to "win" than have Knights max out a 35ac 4hAgi 4hDex aug.
  20. A-Quad Augur

yet some find a way to raise tha roof... one man's ceiling is another man's floor... don't hate the class, hate the player!... and other quippy sayings.

assuming a normal/typical mix of classes in a given raid force, end-game rangers and monks can be played in such a way that they can definitely compete in combined-event parses as it stands right now.

and that's all that should matter. combined damage = the big picture of a player's contribution to a raid, night in and night out.
    SaderakhBertox likes this.