DPS Checks are costing you money.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ratbo Peep, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Reht likes this.
  2. Reht The Dude abides...

3. Khat_Nip Meow

Might I suggest Let's Encrypt
    Zhaunil_AB, Kleitus_Xegony and Reht like this.
  4. Reht The Dude abides...

That's actually something Gima needs to handle, but it will be passed on, thanks for all the help and suggestions.
  5. Sneden New Member

Are you the Bahdah that M Q's 18ish toons (afk) on FV?

Or are you the Bahdah that automatically moves behind mobs for backstab in RoI?
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You need to be vindictive like me. I head hunt the MQers. The same group sat his party of bots of at the named Spider with all the the adds in Lceanium - I became annoyed as I wanted to complete Hunter. So, I petitioned once and have yet to see them appear on my friend's list since. I've repeated (or on of my buddies irl I play with all the time) the same process 2 other times, the bot groups never were seen again.

You all just assume they won't ban people. They absolutely do. Be detailed in your petitions, every character name all spelled correctly.
    Khat_Nip likes this.
  7. Yirrara Journeyman

It's actually gotten more difficult for struggling guilds in the last few patches, queen became more difficult, and the recent nerfs (like capabilities of clerics to restore mana after rez) didn't help.
    Rickoshay likes this.
  8. Millianna Augur

I have yet to see them ban or even warn people who Bot who are present at the keyboard on live servers. Since we have open this can of wurms. There are many reputable raid guilds that have active bots. DB doesn't seem to care about live servers. Just TLP.
  9. Venau Augur

If you are a DPS class the basics are pretty easy. 1) How often are you critting? You can find out what your passive rate is (for casters it's super easy...melee.more complex but u can get an idea). 2) When you crit...how much stuffs do u have running that increase the size of your critical hits.

Once u figure out your base rates in these areas you can explore what other classes do that compliment your character...and you can make a trigger that tells u when these ADPS items are active.

Examples of those ADPS items may be some chanter IoG, ranger Auspice, bard Epic and Fierce Eye, druid Black Wolf.......there's more!!

Look up each of the above items on an EQ website to see what they do for your class (example: Auspice increases how often you crit by 33%...this type of stuff). You can make a gina trigger that tells u when Auspice is up. Make sure you and your friends are clicking your burns when some of this ADPS is up...because the damage u will get will be greatly amplified.

In my opinion this is one area that "casual" raiding guilds mostly ignore. With some effort from a few guildees...you can all have a nice batch of GINA triggers that will make your critical hits and booms happen more often....and when they do happen they will be bigger!

Then obviously the next step is to make your more frequent bigger critical booms and hits take place at specific times during an event.
  10. Bahdah Augur

From my signature... well, there you go - and you are??
  11. svann Augur

I never got my dps check!
    Metanis likes this.
  12. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Son, your ego's writing DPS checks your body can't cash!

Metanis and Tatanka like this.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Its a good advice, but this can be done with normal ingame ATs too, it has nothing to do with GINA specifically.
  14. Venau Augur

Great point! Was simply addressing someone who stated they were curious as to how a person could probably double their dps at times simply by using GINA to their advantage.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Sure they can. But one of the best things about Gina is, I have a full set of Rogue and Cleric triggers. If I want to share them with you it's a couple clicks and you have them all too. If you want to use the in game AT's, it's a clunky process. It's truly mind boggling, the reasons people come up with not to use Gina to be honest.
    Kravn likes this.
  16. dwish Augur

While I have no idea how widespread the use is of melee assist programs and other macro-quest type things, I have seen enough in my years of raiding to know that there are more people then you think using these programs. It does tend to be the higher end guilds just due to the competitive and often cutthroat parsing environment in these guilds.

You only have to see melee running directly to adds that are spread all over the place while blind on gore raid in lcea, or to see these same people instantly warping to assist mobs that are caught in walls or other geometry where it's not even possible to see the mob. There are many different examples of this. Its fairly easy to identify people using some type of assist program.

That said, it's absolutely not needed to perform well and there are a lot of highly skilled players in the top guilds that don't use any type of cheating programs. However, to insinuate that people don't uses these things for that competitive advantage, especially when there seems like basically no penalty for doing so, is a bit naïve.
    Schadenfreude and Sneden like this.
  17. Brohg Augur

I saw it once in the past decade. That person was guildremoved on the spot. **** whatever permissive "environment" YOU have made in YOUR raid.
    svann, Bigstomp, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  18. Thrillho Augur

The DPS check is like a mercy killing. The raid has gone on long enough and the mechanic is putting someone out of their misery. I've been on plenty of raids that have wiped long before the raid leader calls a wipe. Zerg it! Banner in! Fight! Mass rezzes! Go go go! No... we have 1-2 people up in 5-6 groups, the fight is over. Call it. We can "survive" for 5-10 minutes, but we're no where near winning.

Having a check in one raid acts as a qualifier for the next as well. If you can't beat Queen in X minutes, you won't beat Vault. If you can't beat Vault in Y minutes, you won't beat KarZok.

Having said that, I don't necessarily agree with the checks. If a raid force wants to take an hour to win one event, and can actually do it, good on 'em. I would hate to put in 40 minutes worth of work only to lose it at 2% when a mob finally overwhelms me because it got its last power up. It's not even accurate - who gets more powerful at the end of a fight? DBZ aside, of course (but even there, they take days to finish fights!)

As for the check for the next raid, I think that's inaccurate as well. Let people fail the next raid, not the current one because they can't do it fast enough. If you can beat all the mechanics in Queen but take 3x the ideal time to do it, so what? Go and get stomped in Vault. At least you'll have one more raid to farm and gear up with.

Lastly, I hate the achievements tied to these. It's more of an achievement to beat the event in 5 minutes than it is to fart around for 30 minutes waiting for your mob to fully power up. When we're farming this one, we just drop the named to 2% and hold. The only ones achieving anything are the tanks and the healers. I keep one eye on my health bar and another on my other screen watching Netflix. If you want us to fight an ultra-hard mob, let us do it from the start. Lceanium is SUPER boring - the achievement for killing all the sarnaks without any help should be an option in the start-up for the event. "We'll take it from here" = all NPCs disappear except the main ones. Let the sarnak swarm. Let the giants come at the same time. It's a truly impressive raid the first time you do it - it's well written, has some neat scripts, positioning, etc., but it's truly boring when you're farming it. Not that Lceanium has a DPS check (or not one that we've encountered?).
    Maedhros and Rhodz like this.
  19. Rhodz Augur

I guess the lack of a logical point to the device does tend to point towards a bad idea from the start.
  20. kramer2202 Elder

This is from a recent Prince raid. All rogues here have the same weapons, probably slight difference in gear/augs. Some of the difference in damage is from group makeup, some is adps coordination, some is each character having different effort levels in disc usage and such. The point of this parse posting is that there are many things that affect DPS output other than just gear. If the raid leader is not constructing the groups correctly to maximize adps usage, or if those classes are not coordinating their adps properly, you will see big drops in DPS output.

Player
    Damage
    Rogue #1
    Rogue #2
    Rogue #3