DPS Caster broke?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by BoomWalker, Mar 20, 2013.

1. BoomWalker Augur

Not sure what is going on but the last three days...when using a dps caster merc it just stands there and does not engage...at all. Switching to a dps melee merc works just fine.

The merc is not far from the group...the tank is not marked puller...the merc is not on passive. it is a normal setup...and it worked before but now it is not working...

Sometimes it is doing older anniv tasks...with lower level mobs..but doing slayer achievements the dps caster would nuke grey mobs all day...so it shouldn't be a mob level thing...

Just very strange that in DSHs at the robot and the dps caster merc is standing there while mobs are being kills. Switch to a dps melee and it jumps right in and helps kill the mobs.

Anyone have anything similar? I am thinking it is time to trade her in for a younger model...
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

Passive?
  3. Necromonious Augur

I've personally seen this before where the dps caster merc will stand there not casting. What I used to have to do then was to put the merc into passive, move the ownin character a few steps (to make the merc move), then put the merc back into aggressive, which would sometimes cause it to engage. Only needed to do this with dps caster merc. I've also heard this issue mentioned before on forums, so I know it's not just me...
  4. Annastasya Augur

i have had something similar happen on at least one character that was using a dps caster merc- it stopped casting on any setting. Nothing fixed it, not zoning, not logging out, not suspending him, not reseting my computer, not changing his settings or buffs or anything. He just would not cast anymore, had to dismiss him and get another merc. New caster worked fine.
  5. Axxius Augur

If you see your merc in a state like that, type this: /merclog
    It outputs your merc's internal state to the serverside log.
    And then type /bug and submit a bug report about it and mention that you've just done /merclog
  6. Deckerd Smeckerd Augur

I was using a dps caster one time and I think he did something to regain his mana or something. In my extended window I had a slot that showed my merc's target. Well after the fight he targeted himself and did something. Like i said before, i think he was regaining his mana with some skill. Well in the next few fights he would not engage and it still showed that he had himself as his target. I think I eneded up having to suspend him and then unsuspend to fix him.
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I have resorted to unclicking "auto assist" and manually making the merc enter the fight by pushing "Call Assist."
  8. Kaylord101 Elder

I have experinced the same problem as well and it has been the last 3 days too. switching from auto assist to call assist and then back to auto assist fixed it every time. happen 5 times to me
    silku likes this.
  9. silku Augur

If the task has a tank that is not in your group, like an npc, and that person has aggro, the merc won't fight because it thinks its "not our mob."
  10. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

I thought this was going to talking about caster mercs that average 20k DPS on Balanced with no support.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Can I get your merc? Mine seems to be broken.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

I've seen this happen. The caster merc just stopped working and even after a couple of days it still wasn't working so I ended up dropping it and buying a new one. Nothing I tried would make it start working again.
    It's a pain but the good news is they're cheap now so dismissing it is a relatively painless option other than the run to a merc vendor.
  13. silku Augur

Strange, I parse mine with support and the aren't averaging that.
  14. BoomWalker Augur

Really? Really? Troll much? Come on...reading isn't a necessary life skill anymore but really?
  15. BoomWalker Augur

Appreciate all the useful posts...

- Don't use call assist but will check that out.
    - Have suspended it and back with no change in behavior
    - Have moved toon owner...no change.

Will end up most likely just getting a new, younger model. But will try the other ideas mentioned...
  16. Kaylord101 Elder

I never use Call assist either, but switching it to call assist and then back to auto assist worked for me,
  17. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

The Caster DPS Merc will not move if it's not on Passive if anyone in the group has any aggro, so if you're slaughtering endless gray cons the merc will not follow you, and eventually will get out of range of the fight. Either clearing all aggro or shifting to Passive will allow the merc to catch up to its owner.