DPG Reminders for Server Launch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, May 14, 2020.

1. Protocol Dragon Defender

DPG please consider doing some of the following to save everyone a few hours of server issues on May 27th.

1. Allow people to join the servers in small waves rather than all at once. Typically you wait 3-5 hours to do this for some reason despite it being required for most TLP launches to get off the ground.

2. Remember to filter DPG store items. It sucks when the server is taken down for 2 hours on launch day so you can remove mounts from all 200 people who bought them in the first 30 seconds.
    Foaming likes this.
  2. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I don't understand why they don't allow players to create their characters 3 days in advance. Its been stated in the past that character creation is part of the bottleneck. If they're worried about people hoarding names just limit it to 1 premade character an account.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  3. TheDohn Augur

My bet: The same crashes would happen because everyone will be piling in to get "their" name, but adding on to all the crash tears will be "It's up for creating characters, why don't you just open the server?!?! I pay $0.013 per hour for this entertainment product and I'm stuck at home because of 5G viruses and I have a right to this server! You guys are MISSING OUT! And make it FV rules while you're at it or ELSE!!!"
  4. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

You're likely correct.