DP, Tormax is ready for an answer.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Herf, May 25, 2024.

1. Herf Augur

Note: this is not a troll.

Tormax, even with an XP bonus, is only SLIGHTLY higher population than Agnarr. So for those of us with toons on Tormax, what is the plan? This isn't an unreasonable question. Clearly there's not going to be a big influx to Tormax. Project manager would have developed a plan for this before release So what is it? Paying minds want to know.

[edit] Is merging in Tormax's future?

Thank you.
  2. Knard The Strategic Tactician

The players who are leading the way are going to enjoy taking their time doing so. There's an influx daily from Teek players getting fed up from Krono Farmers and 6 box mage armies.

You're on the groundfloor, just enjoy the game how it was intended to be played and stop worrying about the end result.
  3. SoandsoForumUser Augur

I'm sold. Tormax is fine let's leave it as is.
    Bailen and Respen like this.
  4. nanoh New Member

i've been logging into tormax daily and exploring around, looking at class chat channels for interests-sake. it's becoming something like a museum piece of tlp history for me. it's unlike a private server because it is stable and has full modern support and new patches, but it's unlike any tlp before it in its barrenness. it's essentially a live server with no central meeting spot such as pok

i have not noticed the chat channels increasing. as far as i can tell, there is no influx, not yet anyway. not saying you're just making things up, because it's possible i missed it

from my observations, about 15% of the server (~200-300 online people) at any given time are lowbies in greater faydark. there ranges about 5-10 players on /lfg across all levels, and there is no economy in ec. there is a /auction channel but it only had a dozen or so people in it whenever i checked

despite all this, i fully expect dbg will let it run for a year at least. a couple hundred people seems to be enough to keep it away from merging or changing course in any way. as long as it stays above that, it may be able to chug along

it's a great place to do ssf runs!
  5. Xeris Augur

Make it into oow/don lock server and all of Agnarr will also come over here :)
  6. Xeris Augur

But seriously: It would be good to know if there will be any changes to this server before people like me commit accounts/time onto it. There's only like 3 guilds on the server right now, which is kinda crazy.
  7. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

I personally would LOVE oakwynd ruletset on Tormax, especially Heirloom. That would make the server legit perfect for me..

Though, I'm going to be enjoying the TLP regardless. It's been super addicting so far lol
    Cidran likes this.
  8. Everdork99 Lorekeeper

Tormax is fun. We like to play it instead of post negative stuff about other servers instead. Have fun with that.
  9. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Answer for what? They have launched low pop servers. Some, eventually (as in not 4 days live), were merged with other servers. Others were not.

But if you're looking for some sweeping sea change within a week of server up, 25 years of precedence is not favorable to that expectation.
  10. MileyVyrus Augur

The most enjoyable part of Tormax is how it's mere existence makes so many people angry.
    Sunawar, Respen, Zalphos and 2 others like this.
  11. TheDohn Augur

Sucks to suck.
    Ravanta Suffer and KushallaFV like this.
  12. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Yeah, you great job not making the game more money.
  13. MileyVyrus Augur

Is this the part where you pretend daybreaks corporate welfare is what causes you to lose sleep at night? If you aren't actively affected by falling behind the sweaty while in the queue, it's all pretty hilarious. If this is 'the end of eq' like everyone is selling it as, what better finale than all the tryhards eating each other off of only half the company's resources while those who wanted free from the kronolords enjoy their own, basically private server... on THE COMPANY DIME.

This is awesome. It's a love letter to the little guy.
    ExecutionDbl9 likes this.
  14. Respen New Member

All I can say is that I'm back after 15 years and loving it. :) I'd not play on a random loot server, just not interested. Have had lots of fun so far, met great folks. If this server bombs, whatever, I'm getting a last nostalgic run through one of my favorite experiences, leveling slowly on weekends... and sharing the experience with my wife.

Was fully aware of the other server and all of the crying about it. I've always been one to go where I wanted, and this is what I wanted and I'm also happy for it. Just wish I could get on the forums and see honest discussions rather than "your sever is dead, eat poo". Like... why, what are you actually getting out of it? Anyway, we had to force ourselves to log off tonight on the "dead" server, because we are having so much fun, so there is that.
  15. Intercept Augur

Also having a blast on Tormax and no shortage of groups, in fact almost all of my groups were 6 actual people rather than some guy playing various accounts.

Chatting, killing, reliving EQ.

I'm fine with Tormax and appreciate the server greatly : )
  16. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

100% same.. no camp struggles, free reign on the fun :p
    Wildwand, Rijacki and ExecutionDbl9 like this.
  17. Herf Augur

I wish I could delete my original post.
  18. Muramx Augur

The server has been up for a week and you already want a merger? Lol... Everyone said Tormax was going to be a ghost town. But YOU still made the choice to play on it. If you don't want to play on it, then their are several other servers to pick from.
  19. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

There is no plan. Sunset the server.

THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED. A dead server. Enjoy it or play elsewhere.

Anyone who thought this server would have more then a couple hundred players at best is delusional, and the decision maker at DPG who stood by this ruleset should hold some accountability with a public apology.
  20. Derd Augur

What it proves is the vast majority doesn't really want original eq, or anything close to what tlp supposed to provide. Nothing about Teek remotely resembles eq as it was.
    Wildwand and Rijacki like this.