Dozens of Illusions Missing from Market

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Aug 2, 2019.

1. CRAZO Journeyman

i understand going forward why they don't make more. i just wanna know why they cant just put stuff that all ready has been paid for to make and has been sold in marketplace before back in.
  2. Prathun Developer

Some illusions have been vaulted. In most cases they do not sell well, and we believe that it's a bad Marketplace experience to sift through clutter. There's always the potential to unvault them though, and this is relatively painless on our end. Is there a particular one you're interested in?
    Also, more relevant for the TLP subforum, but since we're on the topic here, illusions are restricted to the era where that race was added to the game. So, for instance, the Shissar illusion isn't available until Luclin and the Phantom Froglok isn't available until Lost Dungeons.
  3. Enchyy1 New Member

Unvault all of the old collector's editions items, houses, etc. I'll pay heaps!
    Ssdar, Elyssanda and Ibadan Kun'Tirel like this.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

Maybe create a another tab with preferred illusions, mounts, ornaments and such with these being the most popular and another tab for each with the less popular ones for your collector junkies to finish their collection? I get the eyesore factor but many of us are willing to strain our eyes especially on illusions and mounts since there weren't hundreds like the ornaments and housing items to sift through.
  5. bigpapa Augur

I would buy 3 of the raptor saddle ( link below ).

6. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Removing the less-purchased illusions and mounts was probably when they also shelved the TDS Collector Edition-exclusive Battle Cat mounts. I was surprised to see those gone, since you had to buy the CE to even make the option available.

And speaking of the Froglok Ghost illusion, I am hoping that the Skeleton and Zombie versions get added as illusion items some day...
    Benito likes this.
  7. Fcseven XIII Journeyman

I will put in a vote for my favorite to return. Metamorph Wand-Scarecrow. Not the newer model but the old one that is night's dark terror illusion. Thanks
  8. CRAZO Journeyman

Here are the 3 things i wouldn't mind seeing again listed in order of most wanted.

Metamorph Totem: Chetari Servant

Metamorph Totem: Steamwork Fixer

Polymorph Wand: Polar Bear
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Hi Prathun!

Along with Koryu, Battle Cat mounts were promised to be always available for purchase for TDS CE owners.

I am surprised that the Mechanical Skystrider Saddle did not make a return for Gnome Memorial Mountain. I hope it comes back to "close out" the year's theme.

The top "vaulted" illusions are:

Warped Chetari
    Polar Bear
    Twisted/Junkyard Gnomeworks (probably conflicts with Gnome Heritage Crate illusion however)

People always request for Petamorph Wand: Mad Jester. There's like 2 threads a year for this item.

I would love to see Stillmoon Shield make a return.

[IMG]
  10. Lianeb Augur

Make "Ball of Fluffy Cotton" Return

All the Melee will love you
    Teylana, Ssdar, eepok and 2 others like this.
  11. AcemoneyFV Augur

It would be cool to have any of them return.:D Maybe just make it a yearly thing? Certain ones available during certain times of the year.
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Data points to wrap our heads around:-(they say) =(makes me think)

-Each illusion uses a chunk of memory, we are prioritizing 'expansion' illusions going forward.
    =Memory required has already been allocated for any existing item and can't be reclaimed because the item still exists in the game. Sounds like you're getting close to the maximum amount of memory/bandwidth available if you're having to prioritize certain illusions and discontinue Player Studio.

-They were vaulted because they didn't sell well.
    =Item was created and consumes memory to exist, but didn't sell well. The fewer people who buy an item the less the memory required for it is ever utilized. Low selling items are wasting resources! Low selling items should be promoted to justify the memory used.

-We don't like 'clutter' (too many options) in the marketplace.
    =Some Einstein read a book on internet business models and thinks they'll improve sales in this 20 year old game by 'vaulting' things. As has already been pointed out, they were not even that many illusions available to create a hard situation to navigate.

You've already allocated the memory. You should 'un-vault' everything and you'll get more sales (any single sale is more money than 0 because it isn't available now). Many who play this game like to collect every single thing, they already own everything available but they want the stuff you've hidden.

Asking 'which item were you interested in?' makes zero sense. You would take valuable dev time to ask a question, get a response, and maybe you'd un-vault that one thing?

Un-vault it all, or don't, but don't tease us with the possibility of certain items.

Until they actually un-vault something I'm still skeptical they are even capable.

Either way, looks like they are gonna stick with "EQ players get confused by too many options". Makes lots of sense :rolleyes:
  13. Bobokin Augur

Permanent "vaulting" of items does not make sense, as once they are in game, the game has to handle them. I have to ask, which player base is being served by doing this? How does it drive sales?

There are many nice items in the store, and a lot of butt ugly items too. "Vaulting" nice items makes more of the store filled with the junk. That is a shame.

Also, sometimes items don't sell because they are overpriced. As with any market, there is a sweet spot for supply and demand.
    Froglok likes this.
  14. Imukai Augur

Unvault them all. The handful that are there aren't that exciting, and some of us are illusion addicts.

You have literally dozens of questionable Robes in the appearance area but you only have a handful of illusions.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

In the era of Amazon, people want variety. They are used to 'sifting through clutter' to find what they want. My take is just un-vault them all. Pricing will take care of the rest.
  16. Tutankamen Augur

I'm most interested in the Flood Telmira, the Centaur, and the pirates... but also I've long wanted- and requested Morell Thule as he appears in the VoA missions, along with his compatriot gods. That's probably the coolest skin ever to exist in EQ.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

If unvaulting them all at once will create some percieved clutter how about doing a rotating sale? Divide all of the items evenly into 4 groups and release them quarterly. Group A is on sale from January-March group b from April-June and so forth. Releasing them will create mystery until a full year has passed which should increase traffic in the store plus players who want several items from a group are more likely to spend actual money rather than wait a whole year and use their free DBG cash to obtain the items they want.
  18. Froglok Augur

I have a very bad habit of trying to get every mount, illusion, contract, familiar, portal click, painting, nimbus.... so YES... I would love to see "vaulted" items in those categories put back out, even if on a rotating schedule.

It would seem DB would be seeking any option that boosts profits. After all, the biggest reason to buy the LoN packs if for a chance at such items.

I seen someone suggest selling old expansions for half-price so they could go back and get the special bonuses awarded with the different expansion pack types. I do NOT like this idea because, in some cases, only ONE of these items were awarded per account.

Instead, I would LOVE to see the items themselves offered up as a stand alone purchase. For instance, I would love to get a Brell's Token for every toon I have. Just price them relative to the boosted cost... i.e. divided by how many items were involved in that boosted cost, and maybe even double that ($50 / 4 items = 1250 DBC x 2 = 2500 DBC). Perhaps put these in the Marketplace around the holidays, when the new expansions come out?

I would also like to see Beta reward items sold in the marketplace. Not everyone who plays on Beta is able to get in on groups / raids and earn enough to get the rewards. (Trust me I tried during my playing times, and the few quests / achievements I managed to solo were seemingly not enough). I know this was a reward, but hear me out. It was FREE to those who earned it. It will not be free to the rest of us who want it. Maybe put these in the Marketplace every October-ish when Beta goes live?

Also, the golden armor that was originally awarded for the old recruit-players drive has been offered in the Marketplace more than once. How about offering up the other reward that was also awarded... its a placeable painting with a portal click on it. just can't recall the name of it.

Lastly, while I am on it, there is at least one quest for a Contract that originates out of the LoN cards. It involves LoN loot, specifically gems that came in a "pack" with the actual prize item. It appears these prize items used for these quests don't always come in a pack... thus questing the contract (merc) is impossible.If I recall, on of them is the Path of Skulls Fragment Pack -- it seems you only get the Path of Skulls now, not the Pack that also had the gem in it. Anyway to fix this?

Oh -- one one more thing! BRING BACK ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFERS! I been trying to swap Necros on two accounts for over two years now. It would only involve changing what account owns which necro, and adjusting Veteran AA's. No guild changes, no server changes, no housing changes.... nothing except changer the account and Vet AA allowances. With /betacopy and /testcopy and server transfers all still working... why not account to account?
    Shillyona and Ssdar like this.
  19. enclee Augur

I can't follow Ngreth's logic on this one. He admits to memory constraints, but at the same time they had hundreds of new items for collection achievements.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Prathun can you consider when a TLP server unlocks a new expansion all items that were in available with the purchase of that expansion become available for all server with that expansion unlcocked for a month of 2. Having the port clickies from the expansions would be handy for both new servers and old, I know when I created a new alt it would have been handy to have the port to Crescent Reach clicky.

There were a faction items as will which would help those on TLP servers which were available with the expansion which haven't been available since, the GoD/OoW item springs to mind.