Downtime always in Euro prime.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Haasgaming, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Haasgaming New Member

Could you once in a while patch outside Euro prime hours? Myself and everyone I know work overtime or weekends to fit customers now and then. It would suit you to do the same. I know most are US based players, pull server down mostly in US non prime then, not every time.
  2. Tevik Augur

I fully support the Euro servers getting patched 8 hours earlier than the rest of the servers. You guys can be Test Round 2 ;)
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

I would guess the downtime has more to do with when their staff is in office and able to verify patches/put out newly created fires than anything else.
  4. Haasgaming New Member

they can put all the fires out on the fly as they please, but they could at least place every 10th planned patch outside Euro hours.. or 50th..:)
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It's revenge for Luclin when you guys had Vex Thall downed when we were all asleep! :p

I kid, of course!
  6. Astral64 Augur

Go home Taaii.

You're drunk.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

With a server based game like EQ, they can't patch one server at a different time. It's all or nothing. Even TLP comes down for this and they're not affected by the bugs at all. But the client is the same.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Haasgaming New Member

I know - its not about euro servers. Its about patches in Euro times, all the time , every time hehe.
  9. bazinga Elder

This thread just keeps recycling. It's not going to change. You could possibly change it by buying the company and moving it to another part of the world and take down servers whenever you want, or you could move to the USA, or just deal with the fact that its a US based game and the downtimes reflect that.
  10. Haasgaming New Member

Or the company could round Robin the downtime for all their customers.
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

This is silly.

How much will you pay extra to have IT workers apply a patch during the night?

And what about them being exhausted for not sleeping, while doing tech stuff?
    Maedhros likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

patches evey night for a week with the new engine!

Long live "Inner Fury!"
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would gladly suffer patches every night, if it meant we would get a new engine...:)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Nolrog Augur

Not so much. They come in in the wee hours of the morning for patches quite often (not today though.) They patch when the sever population tends to be the lowest, so it impacts the fewest number of people possible.
  15. Tugroka Journeyman

Doesn't matter when they patch. They'll upset someone.