Downtime 8/21/13?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chromedian, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Lenowill Augur

I already have to buy Veil of Alaris if I want to make a Guild Hall -- should I be offended that the "biggest and bestest" guild hall, the Palatial Guild Hall, also costs station cash?

No.

I already have to pay money to buy a smart phone -- should I be offended if I have to pay money to buy specific apps for it?

No.

I paid for the ability to use Hero's Forge armor as a graphical system on my character, and for the most part I knew what looks existed "for free" (either by farming them in-game or buying off an in-game NPC) at the time I bought it. I still thought my $12 was worth it.

Further in-game obtainable armor sets have already been released (and probably will continue to be released, since it helps generate continued interest in the Hero's Forge system, which is an obvious money-maker for SoE). I'm happy they've been released and hope to see more.

But if they do release additional specific looks that can be bought with cash, and only with cash? I can understand it. It's truly the most harmless way for an F2P/Freemium model to milk people for money -- it does zero damage to gameplay balance and can only ever lead to people having more variety of appearances to choose from.

Now, for my own part, would I prefer that all sets continue to be obtainable in game? Sure, it would be preferable, but I give SoE some leeway on this point.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Liliana Augur

The armors in the marketplace have been available for close to a year or so in game. I don't see a problem with this whatsoever. As long as they keep releasing new sets like the Shissar which are obtainable In game I'm cool.
    Tegila and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Belchere Lorekeeper

Unfortunately, it seems the popup browser feature was deemed "fixed" and brought back. Ugghhhh, get crashes when I exit EQ again, and the hourglass cursor keeps flashing again during regular gameplay. This browser window is a big annoyance, could we have a way of disabling it for some period of time, say 1 week? I realize your marketing department considers it the golden goose, and it's worth billions of dollars in marketing, at least in their minds, but honestly, I *always* close it out, and *never* read it, can I please only get it weekly or monthly - if it has value, it's more than offset by the degradation of the playing experience it's activation seems to cause.
    Lenowill and Dzarn like this.
  4. Sinestra Augur

For your part that's great, I disagree completely and if they want to charge you alone you seem to be fine so they can continue to gouge you for cash and leave the rest of us alone. No leeway at all.
  5. Amnerys Augur

This one was just my fault. No excuses. I knew it was coming but my email filter hid it away, and I was working on a big project afternoon, and when the pterodactyl hooted, I left and completely forgot I needed to post. I'm sorry!
  6. McDougal Augur

LMAO
  7. EQbud Augur

I can't decide if using a Flintstones reference is awful or awesome.
  8. oogolx Elder

your paying for the ease of not having to farm the set you can now buy a complete set nothing more nothing less
    Tegila likes this.
  9. Lenowill Augur

I'm going to go with awesome.

Thumbs up to Amnerys for admitting what went wrong. I appreciate that kind of transparency.

Also, very cool update in general. I'm loving the bard/druid track sorting, and the ability to click on dialogue options in the chat window is something that several people i know have been wanting for AGES. Very cool. :)
  10. silku Augur

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what happened. It's refreshing to see someone willing to step forward and take credit for minor mistakes. Thank you for that.
  11. Battleaxe Augur

"- Corrected the horse riding animation for Elven races so that shields no longer twist into their bodies."
    While it only says elven races: DE, Skelly - perfection; Dwarf - near perfection. Just clips the upper arm, No shields flipped that I've seen.

"- Corrected the missing textures on Dark Elf males that caused their elbows to turn red while wearing plate armor."
    Really turned out well.

Both are "small things" but removed some distracting flaws and that's very good indeed. Warrior under DE illusion (or Skelly), Jagged Blade of War augmented 1Hander, shield, riding Ghostrider's Spirit ****** 6 Stars.
  12. Lenowill Augur

Yes, someone please tell Dzarn we have much love for the animation fixing efforts he's doing!

Speaking of which, if I can find that thread, there's an issue with Iksar tails (and sitting down while holding weapons) that I want to mention...
  13. Sinestra Augur

If you had read my other posts, I mentioned buying already available items is okay with me really, but I am worried more about them moving toward selling sets not available outside the marketplace.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. oogolx Elder

It'll come to that eventually I'm sure. But as long as its not game breaking where you need it to win or advance in eq that's fine with me as I refuse to pay the $12 to be able to use the heroes forge items until they have a set I like on ogres
  15. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

A Flintstones reference is awesome :D . The nerd rage here is funny though. It's not like all this time the patch schedule suddenly changed, it's just that most of the player base needs everything shown to them step by step instead of figuring out things for themselves.
  16. Sebbina Augur

I am gathering a lynch mob, soon Amnerys will be swinging from a tree and if Sergeant Slate gets in the way he goes down too.
    P.S. er I mean up too.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As long as it stays as sets we have had a round for a while its fine, I'd be concerned to see new sets on the market place the same as I am having the reward set only available from getting friends/yourself new accounts.

I'm hoping for new sets being available in CotF, but they said RoF was too restrictive so who knows, I would have thought the new friends system reward was more restrictive.
    Sinestra and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  18. Koutarou Elder

I don't see much rage. Earlier this week I said to myself "Self, its about the right time of the month for a patch", checked the usual places (patcher news, twitter, everquest.com news section), found nothing and put forward a plan to play wednesday night prime-time (in asia time).

Anyhow, the failure in communication has been found and admitted to. Lets learn from the mistake and move on.
  19. KC13 Augur

Ah, dinosaur reference.... THAT explains the caveman intellect that is responsible for the return of the broken and useless UnWelcome Screen.......
  20. Ishtass Augur

Mean, but I hate the welcome screen too.