Downtime 8/21/13?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chromedian, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Chromedian New Member

Why, how long and where are the meds for the withdrawal shakes?
  2. Riou EQResource

It wasn't posted or no ETA, but generally patches are 1 week after Test's unless something on Test is super broken
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Bluejaye Elder

obligatory how dare you take the servers down when i wanted to play post. i'm gonna cancel 18 accounts now.
  4. Koutarou Elder

While I don't mind a patch now and again, I fully expect to be notified about it well ahead of time.
    Fenthen and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. Kimosavi Journeyman

Yep how about some notice before hand or any type of communication to the user base ?
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Battleaxe Augur

Can we have some AA exp to compensate us for the lost time?

Btw, the Warrior classes Possessed Dreadstone Guardian's Blade has a lot worse DMG/DLY ratio than the Tier 2 Chapterhouse Standard - just sayin'.
    Hopping_Mad likes this.
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I demand krono(s), scantily clad women, and a pony.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Miss_Jackie like this.
  8. silku Augur

It seems we are getting less and less communication about these sort of things. Did they change who was in charge of letting people know these sort of things? Or just do away with it all together?
    Fenthen and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Coardan Elder

I can't tell who is being serious and who is just being cheeky in this thread hehe.

But Wednesday, 2nd half of month, with a test update a week ago, of course it is patch day, I am never sure how people are surprised by this.
  10. Koveras Elder

I'm thinking that something must of went seriously wrong to the point where they didn't even get the moment to tell players that there was going to be another patch, if the patch was announced beforehand it be a much more different story but sadly this isn't that different story.

I'm just hoping we hear word on when the servers will be up.
  11. Kaushi Razorgrin Elder

I'm not even stationed at the spot for any long respawn nameds, there's a few I'd like to kill. :(
  12. Questoften32 Augur

Any notes on when will be back up? a ETA?
  13. Reincarnated Lorekeeper

They probably don't even know they are down. Not a post in sight regarding the update.. They are too busy with EQ Next. The "Next" big failure.
  14. Lendilla New Member

Because i haven't found a trace of the patch notes any where else, im going to post it in here:

This was taken out of the eqnews.txt document after downloading the update
  15. Judd New Member

But its my birthday! I wanna play:(
  16. Feradach Augur

Lots of good stuff there. Really good stuff.
  17. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

There were definitely some dev comments on the forums about a patch on the 21st, but I agree that most people in-game probably didn't know it was coming. Good to see the new Hardcore Heritage zones will be starting on Friday though.

Edit:
    Hurray for the little conveniences!
  18. Qualzek Augur

Can we just get an ETA couldn't find it anywhere.... i'm guesing 10am EST?
  19. Wizardling Lorekeeper

Ok, any ETA yet? ANY news at all?
  20. Nobody New Member

This is pretty disgraceful for a major gaming company. The first place I checked was the "News and Announcements" forum, but there was nothing. I had to check several other boards before finding out that the only thread about the patch was player made.

I just came back to the game, so I'm not all up-to-date on the "two weeks after the second Sunday from the patch on test" nonsense. Would have been nice to see a post from a community rep regarding the downtime...
    Koutarou likes this.