Down time

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soonice, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Soonice New Member

Here is one for you all if the sever crashs for more then 2 hours the weekend after the crash double xp weekend. If the sever is down for more then 4 hours double XP and double rare spawns. That will fix alot of complains And you get more people online.
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

Or since servers are and have been up just get in and play and stop dwelling on it.
    Yinla and Frogmancer like this.
  3. Rarecandy Journeyman

You seem to either really hate exp bonuses or really enjoy the taste of boots.
    slayerofbats likes this.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Very new and original idea
  5. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Or maybe they hate shameless entitlement.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No, if they did anything it should be bonus EXP the same time for following week, not everyone can play at the weekend. IF they did anything it should be aimed at those who it affected not at those who just want a freebee, you just had half of March having bonus EXP I think Daybreak have been more than generous in the bonus EXP recently.
  7. Rarecandy Journeyman

suggestion != entitlement
  8. Drogba Augur

Sometimes i think that 3/4 of the new accounts whining like babies are of ppl that use EQ to make money complaining that they are a day without making their income.

[IMG]

your tears are so sweet.
  9. fohpo2 New Member

A suggestion based on the idea that you deserve compensation despite agreeing that you are entitled to nothing = entitlement?
  10. Rarecandy Journeyman

What are you even talking about? You're not even specifying anything in your statement here so you're just generally making a claim that we agree to be entitled to nothing.

Why would you pay a company monthly if you were agreeing to be entitled to absolutely nothing? Or are you one of these freeloaders role playing as a paying customer?
  11. Rarecandy Journeyman

Whatever makes you feel superior buddy.
  12. fohpo2 New Member

Go read Terms of Service and EULA, I get that we're (some of us) paying customers but we also agreed that we understood that service could be interrupted at any time. Pretty sure multiple people have posted the specific section where this is discussed more than once over the past few days as people have gotten their pitchforks and torches out over the most recent patch downtime. I'm not opposed to them giving me an experience bonus, but I think the entitled "children" (because that's what some of you are acting like) coming on here and demanding things is ridiculous. This culture of entitlement has gotten out of hand, all I'm saying.

Here, I'll do it for you (under Disclaimers, Limitations of Liability section):
    DAYBREAK MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE DAYBREAK GAMES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT ACCESS TO ANY OF THEM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Thank you Dev and support staff for keeping EQ up 99% of the time even though it is a 19 year old game.
  14. Lianeb Augur

From the EULA, see the last couple of lines

1.5 Scheduled and Unscheduled Service Interruptions. Unless otherwise stated, the Games are "online" games that must be played over the Internet. Daybreak reserves the right to interrupt, modify (including, without limitation, adding or removing servers), suspend, cancel or terminate the Software or any Game(s) with or without prior notice for any reason or no reason. You agree that neither Daybreak (nor its licensors, licensees and/or service providers, if applicable) will be liable for any interruption, delay and/or failure of the Software and/or any Game(s) to perform, and you understand that you shall not be entitled to any refund of fees for Paid Content (defined in Section 3 below) or other compensation for interruption to your use of the Software and/or any Game(s) or any failure of the Software and/or any Game(s) to perform.
    fohpo2 likes this.
  15. fohpo2 New Member

Funny thing, it's apparently in more than one place.
  16. Rarecandy Journeyman

I agree with this. I'm not sure why drama queens here feel the need to take these divisive and extreme positions with false premises claiming that anyone that even suggests the possibility of an exp bonus is some type of disgruntled or entitled person.

Oh, and quoting the EULA in the context of this conversation is laughable. Are people in this thread really trying to make the very extreme case that when you pay for Everquest you don't feel entitled to ANYTHING, up to and including being able to log in at all, ever?

That's like being perfectly agreeable when your future wife freely admits to never planning on sleeping with you, and still going through with the marriage.

There are some sorry saps on this forum...
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

There has always been a vein of mistrust and dissatisfaction among Forum Questers, mostly pointed at Verant/SOE/DBG about what the players didn't get or some change that was made. I believe the 'sorry saps' intent is to combat this sentiment by simply suggesting that we (players) be happy people are working on this game at all.
  18. Lianeb Augur

19. Sissruukk Rogue One

No, what it amounts to is your future wife saying that sometimes she won't sleep with you, you not paying attention to her saying this, and you still going through the marriage, then getting mad when it happens.

It is about people not actually reading the EULA before clicking on the "Agree" button, then getting mad when something happens that is covered in the EULA, and erroneously thinking they are entitled to something they are not.

Now, does that mean that DBG can't do something to compensate? Not at all. It is good PR and builds good customer relations, as they just did with the XP bonus. But that doesn't mean we are entitled to it.
  20. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Holy Cow! Calm down everyone. OP posted this yesterday at 4pm when the servers were down. He wanted to play EQ and he could not so he was pissed off about it. No big deal. We have all been there.