down time notice

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by mkb5683, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkb5683 New Member

Are upcoming down time notices posted on the login in screens with other news?. I dont remember seeing anything coming up. The top message i remember seeing was still about that last bonus weekend or maybe it was the latest expansion opening on tlp server. Not everyone goes to the forums so if there isnt an announcement on log in then a lot of people wont know about it until trying to log in
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

If only there was an in game calendar.
    Prathun likes this.
  3. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

If only server downs broadcast announcement messages every 5 minutes like they used to.... in big, yellow lettering, centered on the screen, fade away after pulsing for 7 seconds (read time for <= 30 words).

I know, I know, I'm going outside now, I swear.
  4. mkb5683 New Member

so, is there an in game calendar? If there is, is it updated often? I honestly dont know. If there is it still wouldnt change my mind about what i asked. When you log in it says that it lists the news. I would think something that affects literally everyone that plays the game should be listed in that spot even if there is an ingame calendar

Also you will notice that my original post wasnt a complaint. I simply asked if it was on the log in news because i was totally willing to admit i may have missed it
  5. Boyboi Elder

Yes, there is an in-game calendar. I believe the command is simply /calendar :) And it is updated often.

Gotta just ignore people like Dythan and hope they're never put in any sort of leadership position ever in life. I guess he feels superior for knowing about the /calendar command? What a champ.
    slayerofbats likes this.
  6. Febb Augur

Patches happen every 3rd Wednesday of every month, set it on your cell phone calender and have it remind you ahead of time. They take the servers down generally whenever they get into the office on pacific time.
    moogs, Yruc and Dythan like this.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I feel superior to people who don't take the minimal effort to research information that is available in several different places. To then double down and demand that the info be spoon fed to you in the limited scope that fits your life is equally abhorrent to me.
  8. Boyboi Elder

Oh you mean information that is readily available say by posting on the forums and asking a question?

In maybe I don't know a place like a Player Support forum?

Real abhorrent. What a monster.
    slayerofbats likes this.
  9. mkb5683 New Member

ok smart guy. I did not know about in game calendar or that patches were the 3rd wednesday. my first question that started this post was about whether or not there had been a notice on the log in about the down time. First of all that is not being asked to be spoon fed. That is a place that the game uses to give players notice of things that are upcoming and important. Kind of like downtime. Also, can you tell me how i would have researched an answer to that question other than in this forum. would there have really been an answer to a search saying something like.." was there a notice on the log in screen saying that there would be downtime on july 18 2018?" and as far as asking about the calendar, i could have researched and found that, but asking in this post was a natural continuation of the conversation
  10. mkb5683 New Member

Thank you for this. I have only been back a couple of months and did not know that they did regular scheduled downtime.
  11. Hnoss New Member

What up my name's Dythan I like to come into the Player Support forums and call people abhorrent for asking questions I'm a real cool cat and the ladies love me.
    slayerofbats and Dythan like this.
  12. Knotty Pines New Member

The Good News IS: Now more people are aware of the In Game Calendar.

The Bad News IS: Some people use RUDE and ABHORRENT verbiage.

Play Nicer :)
    Archery likes this.
  13. Archery Lorekeeper

14. moogs Augur

The test server usually receives a patch 1 week ahead of the live servers. It wouldn't kill DBG to use the Message of the Day feature (the bright yellow text that you see when you first log in) to announce scheduled downtime a few days in advance since /calendar is not a widely used feature.

The 3rd Wednesday of each month is a pretty reliable rule of thumb and we should just be glad that the game is still actively developed.
    slayerofbats likes this.
  15. slayerofbats Augur

Why is it down for so long? What do they do that takes 6 hours?
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They patch the servers.
  17. EQ Dev Developer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.