Double XP Weekend - May 24-27, 2013

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Amnerys, May 23, 2013.

1. Geroblue Augur

Test always has extra xp bonus.
  2. SilentWave Journeyman

Ah I see. Thanks for the clarification.
  3. Toquillaw Augur

You are jumping to the conclusion that the patch had anything to do with the exp bonus which is unlikely. The wording of the announcement makes it sound like they simply activated the bonus exp immediately after the patch as compensation for the emergency downtime.
  4. Ferrata New Member

Servers don't need to be brought down for double exp to be implemented. But, I agree, double exp weekend does not seem to be working on Test yet. .
  5. Kekenewah Journeyman

Double experience is not working on Test still. Wasted my LOTD for today. SOE please extend the double exp on test once you fix it due to your mistake.
  6. Kekenewah Journeyman

Update: double exp still not working on test. I did a test on a live server and currently the exp gain on live is greater than exp gain on test. Definitely bugged on test.
  7. Shregg New Member

Seems like it might be on Test now. I took a note of my experience and AA levels carefully this evening for my 5 box and here are the results before 6pm EST and after 9pm EST (all hunting was done in Ashengate, following the same basic path of mobs):

Code:
    Friday - 6:40pm (1.5 hours)
    ======================
    SK  :  81.15%  /  2537  (0.00 / 31)
    Mage:  79.38%  /  417  (0.69 / 7)
    Sham:  80.88%  /  474  (0.56 / 6)
    Bard:  80.00%  /  402  (0.66 / 7)
    Druid: 78.76%  /  168  (0.79 / 7)

Friday - 11:00pm (1.5 hours)
    ======================
    SK  :  81.76%  /  2575  (0.61 / 38)
    Mage:  80.31%  /  443  (0.93 / 26)
    Sham:  81.56%  /  505  (0.68 / 31)
    Bard:  81.06%  /  411  (1.06 / 9)
    Druid: 80.08%  /  178  (1.32 / 10)
    The gains over the same period of time (1.5 hours) in regular exp and AA are in the parens to the right. You can see they are roughly double, certainly more anyway. I switched the AA slider around somewhat, though the Bard stayed at the same level so her's is probably the best example.

This was all without any lessons running (i had already burned it this morning)
  8. RaceCondition Augur

The weekend exp bonus is definitely now active on Test.
  9. Kekenewah Journeyman

Thanks. I agree that now it is also working on Test as my experience this morning was 50% greater than it was yesterday for same amount of time on same mobs at same level for regular experience.
  10. Tadenea Augur

for future reference test don't always get special bonus exp just because Live is getting it, because Test always has double exp
    This has been experienced many times in the past