Double payment for EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by smash, Mar 24, 2018.

1. smash Augur

Hey Devs

Will it ever be possible to pay double monthly payment for an account, which would allow you to play 2 characters from that account at the same time ?

You would still get income as if people are playing from 2 accounts.
  2. slayerofbats Augur

There is some technical problem with playing 2 characters from the same account. So they don't allow it. Best you can hope for is that they eventually re-open the character transfer option where you can pay a stupid amount of money to move your character to another free account.

There are many good things they could do but SOE were one of the worst companies to ever exist, ran their only good game into the ground while destroying the rest of their company. Then they died and DBG bought the skeleton to drain of marrow. The progression servers were a good idea though, but, far too little and FAR too late.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

Now I get the purpose.

I like the idea, to have a pool of characters, and then pay for the number of concurrent accounts you wish to play.

It is hard to see how this could make more money for DB, which is always a requirement for an investment in a business.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I tend to agree here. While it has an outstanding 'gee whiz' factor, my take is that most people wouldn't take advantage of this service.
  5. Critts Augur

This way they only need ban one account to get rid of a player.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Leigo You come here often?

More heirloom gear?
  7. Angahran Augur

An option to link accounts, like a family plan, would be cool.
    E.g.say we pay for 5 accounts at one address with one creditcard. Let us log in and play any 5 characters no matter which accounts they are on.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

And there might be a business element there, although I would expect the volume to be too low.

An idea could be to link it to some loyalty/stay-on pricing, so that if you have been a continous customer, over time the price goes down, but you can still pay with a monthly fee, instead of the larger quarterly or yearly payments, and you can increase your pool of accounts, at a discount.
  9. ptah Augur

Cry. Ok I look at this idea and think 100% never going to happen.
    Expansions are account based.. so OP idea is linking multi toons playable to 1 account.. so 1 expansion for multi toon.. never going to happen.

For something like this to happen.. and round about way it does.. you just pay to win with boxes with more copies paid into.

For OP idea to work or have a chance.. expansion would need to be non account based but Toon based.. and that is never going to happen as 90 % would not pay per toon.

Unless I'm not understand to non alt 1 main power player amounts.