Dot Damage - Bards

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Isule, Jan 18, 2017.

1. segap Augur

They actually said it in a beta thread. At least the part about not being able to update bardy stuff with the new focus AA and giving dot boosts because that was their only real option. The stubbornness on removing push and improving melee is my observation and opinion.
  2. fransisco Augur

and everything devs say about beta comes true after the fact...
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

We play with a full group, if the bard is not on /melody, the dps of the group drops like 30-40% (gut feeling), and we run out of mana. His melee + AA are like 6%-8% of DPS. He dies a lot, but is so easy to get him back up.

Bards are wierd, but they are a yuge contribuent to the group. Both in form of ongoing effects, but also because he produce so much mana for the others. No Bard, no mana, no dps/healing etc.

In this context I find it wierd that bards get dots and nukes, and so many focus for them. It seems silly that a bard should take attention away from the main contribution, and do spell-based damage.

If I wanted the bard to develop away from its current limitations, I would prefer them to a) be able to tank a little bit better, perhaps in combination with being able to turn bard song aggro on and off, or b) do more melee damage. I don't think neither will happen.

I am running out of stuff to use my AA on, since a lot of focus is oriented towards dots/nukes... :).
  4. Rakknar Elder

Bards exist to enhance the real killers (me).

You're not there to pull. You're not there to CC.

You are there to add huge amounts of adps. Know your role!

Fierce eye, epic, quicktime, songs with maximum effect (not that stupid storm strike, play stuff that helps tanks tank multiples), funeral dirge should all be kept on cooldown.

Bards make my 2 main toons so deadly. Mobs die fast. Bards make merc healers crit allowing piles of mobs to be tanked with all that yummy rioste. That's why I box one. I can't even stand to swap in my shaman because the difference is too noticeable. A bard will always get an invite from me.
    However, every real bard I add to my group makes dps go down because they want to get all cute or they hoard their abilities.

You're dots could quadruple and it would still be a waste.
  5. flash000 Augur

id rather have more burns for bard for group
    we have 2 using AA and Gear

1) offensive burn the current setup fierce eye epic quick time dirge
    2) Secondary group burn of some kind right now i use circle of power 4 and chest click

id love a few disp type warcry type abilities for mini burns for group

We need a 3rd burn song or aa and a oh heal aa both on same timer

Echo of Destruction
    Defensive burn not in game (Refractive Echo either high damage shield effect or a damage reflect AA)

Echo of Life
    Defensive burn not in game (Refractive Echo either high hitpoint regen proc song )

For personal dps id like a way to lock in when my kicks going to have a better chance to get those 100k crits

our proc songs hit for less damage than the new proc items in eok our rune songs are less than rune procs in eok?

Gear has made some of our songs redundant or lesser by item inflation either the song cap needs to be raised so the damage modifier and rune effects can be higher with bard mods
  6. Tucoh Augur

Bards were originally a jack of all trades that could do a few goofy AE things well. Slowly their role refined to support/ADPS. Nniki stated how exactly that happened perfectly.

Bards are hugely valuable, but just aren't as fun to play as they used to be. It'd be nice to give a moderate contribution to mana/endurance regen and ADPS, while providing significant melee/caster DPS + CC + charm.
  7. fransisco Augur

bards do give a GREAT contribution to regen.
    What they did for regen before the nerfs was broken.
  8. Hellboy007 Augur

Dead last in dps.. and tied with clerics... no joke, all other classes but maybe a cleric can out DPS a bard.

Hell now shaman can completely blow a bard out of the water..