Dot and Debuff timers

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Sleenk, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Sleenk New Member

Just came back to play lastweek after 9 years and i am enjoying the game again so far.

Now i think i remeber back then that when my druid or shammy dotted up there targets there was a symbol of the dot or debuff in the enemy target box that let me know when said dot or debuff was to expire.
    Now i throw my dots and yes i see the mob is taking damage but i dont know when to refresh as i dont see anything in the mobs target box.
    am i missing something? is there a setting i forgot?
    Seems like a waste of mana to just keep throwing dots on mobs before the previous are about to expire.
    Anyone with suggestions or a answer please post.
    Thank you
  2. Mykaylla Augur

There is a leadership AA called Inspect Buffs, that lets you see debuffs (which includes DoTs) on a mob. You need at least three people in group (and a merc counts) to make use of it.
    When you're not in a group, you can test the duration of yours with your gear and AAs, and learn to keep tabs on it mentally. It's a habit thing, use it enough and you'll get a feel for when it's time to recast. It's usually a good idea to have a window with resists and wearing off messages split to it so they don't get lost in battle spam- important for when things resist slow, all your buffs wearing off someone at once usually means they died, et cetera.