Dooming Fire

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Does anyone know an effective strat to cope with Guardian of Doomfire's (group version) 'Dooming Fire' spell?

He's a tough mob to begin with (70k per hit, adds).

My attempted set up is T2 TBL 110 beastlord, 110 enchanter, 110 necromancer with J5 mercs. 'Relic Raider' was a breeze with this combo. I am guessing that I need a real healer and tank?
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Real healer is probably required. Mercs don't respond very well to DoT damage, and the Dooming Fire effect is a very hefty DoT. Can probably get away with a merc tank if you're quick on mezzing the adds, and you have a real healer.
    Benito likes this.
  3. Lubianx Augur

Don’t forget to use all the chanter spell runes and geomantra clicky to cope with it
    Benito likes this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Nailed it.

Keep your enchanter runes up on whoever gets doomfire, even if you have to spam runes after every tick. You just need to have high health when the buff fades and tries to blow you up.
    Benito likes this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thank you! I'll try that out. It's like an unresistable death touch to me.

Do you think full H-Sta or H-Wis/Int aug load out is better? Also running Whispering Midnight Warding Fire but not sure if it affects it.

Hope the devs can add a fire resist check to the spell. :)
  6. Tucoh Augur

Once you get halfway decent gear you have zero reason to equip wisdom/int augments. Your beastlord and enchanter put out so much mana regen for each other and your necro's got such good mana regen that a deeper mana pool won't be that important. Necros and enchanters should almost always be using stamina augs.

Beastlords have an argument for stamina vs dexterity augs and I don't know what beastlords generally go with.
    Benito likes this.