Doomfire, The Burning Lands Loot Lockout question.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Our guilds leader just anounced this past raid week, were allowed to go in now as groups an farm all the aug's we want.

Which raised another question for the dev's.

If anyone who joins those grp raids to farm the aug's (type 19's) after the first mob is killed do not catch lock outs. This has been proven a fact.

The question becomes.. if some one who does not get off in time to join the grp raid to farm the type 19 aug's .. comes in late each time (due to work) does this person then run the risk of possibly catching a ban ?
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Honestly, I think you know the answer to this. If you go in to multiple events within the 4.5 day period and loot items in them... knowing that you should have had the lockout - you're playing with fire. You know you should have had a lockout, whether it works correctly or not.

For our guild, I've been very specific with it - don't go into multiple instances looting things. It's evading a lockout and you risk suspension. It's not hard at all for the devs to grep the logs and figure out who's doing it.
  3. svann Augur

I think this is a grey area. If you happen to go into a new raid after you already won one the day before you probably wont get in trouble. But if you do this every 4 hours every day of the week then yea you may be taking a vaca.
  4. Cicelee Augur

I really don't get why this is such an issue. If you loot an augment, just wait 5 days until you loot another. Wouldn't that solve everything? Or can people not self police themselves and they need someone to hold their hand?
    Endaar and Cailen like this.
  5. Khat_Nip Meow

Have you not met any people?
    Sancus, Whulfgar, Buri and 1 other person like this.
  6. svann Augur

I cant remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. How do you expect me to remember whether it was 4 or 5 days ago I looted an aug?
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Brohg Augur

Grinding through 3.6B mob hp for a 32% chance (presuming you get the average 6 drops and presuming aug varieties aren't tilted in their odds. which honestly feels questionable given *my* guild's track record) at a Blazing Euphoria Enhancement aug doesn't feel like an activity that needs metering to every 5 days.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

The issue is not looting multiples .. The issue is not having a loot lock out an being able to join multiple's.. If you have not looted anything from any of them. (Thus avoiding the lock out)
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Drakang Augur

Its actually if you keep shuffling who is requesting to get around no augs dropping that to me is the major offense.
  10. Password1234 Augur

Well, according to Foucault's Discipline and Punish...
  11. Cicelee Augur

Then once a week. I am sure a player can remember if they looted an augment from Doomfire in the current week they are in.

The point is, if you want to prevent a semi or permanent vacation for your character, you are going to have to do some self policing. Or suffer the consequences...
    Whulfgar likes this.
  12. svann Augur

Bull.
    I guarantee they wont ban me for missing a timer.
    Its people that do it over and over again that may get a ban.
    Please dont make threats on these forums.
    You have no authority to be making that statement.
  13. Drpeppa Journeyman

this dudes clearly the tuffest around .