Don't Nerf Mearatas (yet)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gotwar, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whulfgar Augur

How many days a week do you guys raid ?
  2. Repthor Augur

Triton raids 15 days a week
  3. gotwar Gotcharms

Accurate, Count!

We did skip Saturday though. Raiding Saturdays is the worst.
    Astral64 and Sancus like this.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

I remember .. LMFAO
  5. Whulfgar Augur

So.. back down to 5 days .. AH..AH..AH..
    Astral64 likes this.
  6. Rowanoak Elder

What one man can do another can do, say it!
    Maedhros, Astral64 and gotwar like this.
  7. Alpha Dog New Member

Hold up.

So RoI spent 5 nights raiding the final event before clearing it and MS has raided the same event over twice that amount without a win.

After all the things you've said about RoI not being the better guild, what do you have to say now?
  8. Forcallen Augur

Did you just swagger jack my post 6 pages later!

Brohg and Sancus like this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

You're just stirring drama for whatever reason (Probably because you're bored at work, get back to your spreadsheet, monkey), but it's an interesting question even if you only meant it rhetorically.

As someone not in this race, but having been on the cutting edge of raiding for many years, I feel pretty confident that anyone who asked for the nerf to be postponed is delighted that the raid is challenging enough to thwart them thus far. Tough raids are what make all the effort you put into your character, your niche teams in your community, your entire guild and even yourself all worth it. Those raids that you wipe on week after week until finally you kill it give meaning to the hours you spent leveling your evolving gear, farming augs, farming the previous content for an entire year, farming those heroic AA's etc etc. For many in the guild it's proof that you can keep a group of individuals together and fighting the enemy and not each other.

Of the many raids I've conquered in the many MMOs I've competed in, only the ones that were delivered at the cost of dozens of wipes and buckets of tears are worth remembering. Hearing about this challenge is the first time I can remember being envious of my fellow EQ players who raid.
    IblisTheMage, svann, Nudia and 5 others like this.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

Guess everyone who hates on each other's guilds in the top end of the game. Nows the time to see who at this moment in eq has the better raid force.

And as I've said.. I'm rooting for SR.. hehe
    Cailen likes this.
  11. Brohg Augur

Drama & grobbspeak re: guild rankings reminding me of an interview with Grateful Dead; I paraphrase: "drugs are for the fans, not for the band"
  12. Thrillho Augur

Ah, happy first post, friend! Say what you will about him, at least he has the balls to post publicly. Grow a pair, coward.

It's disgusting how cruel the community gets around this time of year. The "race" and what it does to people. I've posted about it before, and it seems it's still appropriate to state again. Any post that is made by certain people, certain guilds, or about certain topics is immediately met with hostility, regardless of the merit of the post. Post about an issue with a raid? Ah, nope, must just be an excuse for why you can't beat it. Git gud, scrub. Post a congratulatory response? Not good enough, you only congratulated me on A, when really it was A, B, and C! Post about wanting a nerf delayed a bit? Well, after X days pass, you're mocked for not having beat it.

Lock this thread already. It's served its purpose - the nerf has been delayed.
    Pano likes this.
  13. kizant Augur

Arguing over the best raid is kinda silly. It's more important that you're the best at your class.
    Tolzol and Lyquid like this.
  14. shiftie Augur

PI
    People spend all year hating on the top guilds especially roi... this time of year is when they get to troll the haters. I find it amusing every expansion cycle because after 10 years people still feel the need to talk trash to them.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

It's just the guilds who try to imply.. Certain guild is only gud..

Due to better lock out plans.. then themselves..

This very particular raids.. showing it's not just the lock outs .. that make RoI gud.. or other guilds would have beaten it in 5 days of seeing it or less..

Would you not agree ?
  16. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

in expansions where all of the top guilds were beating content pretty much as soon as it unlocked, it's not unreasonable to say "well you only won because you had a better lockout strategy"... obviously nobody can say that about this expansion at this point.

i'm personally glad *someone* beat it before the first tuning pass. truthfully, having seen it now I find it unlikely that more than 1 or 2 others will have anything but a stupid level of hate and discontent to show for their efforts.... this is the kind of event that's a guild killer if it goes too long w/o being tuned down. probably not of the top guilds, but if it's not changed before the middle of the pack gets there in progression it's going to cause problems.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  17. Someone Apprentice

It's a sad state EverQuest Live's raiding population finds itself with this dynamic raid that has been proven beatable. This is that only "1 raid team" serverwide remains that can beat a fairly moderate difficulty modern MMO raid.. And even then requires a full turnout? For what? Each player to play at 100% and be vigilant for ~20 minutes all with assisted triggers and a deep event understanding?

Sad times. No other guild will win pre-nerf. Tanks aren't strong enough. Heals aren't good enough. DPS too slow. CC too slow.
  18. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

If only we had "Someone" to help us

Mediocre troll attempt on a moderately touchy topic to get a rise out of people, I'll give you a 4/10
    Maedhros, Whulfgar and Sancus like this.
  19. Lisard Silly

BEST! RAID! EVER! builds character, yeah its fustrating. It feels good pushing into the last leg of the raid, and can only imagine that feeling when your guild pulls the W. A raid that requires all 54 people, executing the strategy at 100%, knowing the full potential of their individual classes, and for heckin sake, got danm lava rocks.

I like that we were all given the opportunity to try it before they nerfed it into stupidity walk the dragon mode, we still have a couple weeks to enjoy the challenge, so Good Luck to those still trying! (Im sure even with the fixes it will still be a challenge to some, the win will feel like a freebie to everyone who beats it post nerf compared to how it currently is, as I'm sure all the guilds on it currently are giving it their all.)
    Pano, Astral64 and Sancus like this.
  20. shiftie Augur

People have short memories, mostly because they want to put themselves on that upper level and forget history

Plane of war - evaluate time between wins
    Last event in voa - same deal
    Fumerak - if people couldn’t cheese with pet tanking samesies
    Last event in hot prenerf (while not impossible in its original form the sprites ported like every 15 sec and once ported there was no way to rejoin the event)
    Sister in underfoot
    The last creation underfoot (look at the time between wins)

Basically the entire underfoot expansion and the nerfs were the only thing that kept guilds progressing. 10 years ago began this separation, the competing guilds have lost part of their core to roi - the current outcome is expected as one guild stands alone on a hill in a dying game.

For the love of norrath ... it has been 10 years of domination and every year people talk smack about how they are going to be better than them. Someday a guild will beat them and it will be because they got bored of a dying game. We have seen many guilds rise and fall. We have seen guilds emerge from nowhere now in a conversation not previously mentioned. We have seen guilds stay consistent the tritons, ring of valors and crimson tempests of norrath (euro guilds non withstanding I know they merged). After 10 years how anyone still logs into the forums to troll roi makes no sense.
    Whulfgar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.