Don't Nerf Mearatas (yet)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gotwar, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littlelegs Elder

It would be a missed opportunity if this nerf comes through next patch. As Coas mentions, and multiple players across different guilds and servers concur, there is a segment of the community that wants that hard raid. And we have it. Does holding off on the nerf affect anyone negatively?
    Drogba, Sancus and gotwar like this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

It worked for Plane of War, giving more people a shot at it pre-nerf would be nice.
    It can be beaten as RoI proved.
  3. Qwestwic Augur

There's really no point in nerfing this fight into the ground so it's beatable by a wider range of players in February's patch. The casual guilds will only be unlocking it some time in March or April anyways, so it's not like they'll be sitting here banging their heads against it for weeks if it remains in its current form for another cycle. The fight is one of the most chaotic events we've seen in years and anyone who beats it in it's current state deserves respect. Let the remaining competitive guilds have a shot at earning their stripes imo.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

I'd like to try it before it's nerfed. We did war before it was nerfed.
    Randel Flag and Brohg like this.
  5. Slooty New Member

With the t3 events only being 2 keeping this hard would be great. Keep people on their toes. 1 guild got threw. Proving its not impossible. The fight for second place is underway. Nerf after too 5 guilds fall into place. Then make it Talendar easy. Untill then lets us fight out the top spots in the hard version
  6. Zarzac Augur

While I of course fully expect we will take care of this tonight,:cool: I think the nerfs should be delayed until next months patch.
    Sancus likes this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

/signed

As a non-raiding spectator I appreciate playing a game that has tremendously difficult content that challenges the most skilled and dedicated players at the top of the game. For me the game is improved knowing that these raids exist and also that the EQ elite are stratified by ability to beat difficult content instead of merely how efficiently they organize around lockouts.
  8. Orbital101 Augur

Ill donate for a stream, /popcorn :D
    Whulfgar likes this.
  9. Zarzac Augur

Our spectacular failures and my terra-bad strats are ours to enjoy!
  10. Forcallen Augur

Believe it!
    Whulfgar likes this.
  11. Thunderkiks Augur

I wish they would hold off as well. I really liked this raid in beta when we tested the mechanics. It was too bad that for most of beta it was broken so we couldn't get to experience it more. It really is an awesome raid with a lot going on. Would be nice to get a chance to beat it before the nerf.
    Sancus likes this.
  12. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Just need to hear from the Luclin guild and Bristlebane guild in my lineup of predicted vanquishers and then it will be unanimous in terms of wanting a chance at the original event.
  13. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

BTW, it would be cool to get a stream or two of some peeps trying it. Hats off to anyone with the gonads to actually put it out there for the world to see, but nonetheless it would be cool.
  14. Robnie Augur

RA flags March 10th cause we causal af.

Please nerf in April at least
  15. Ryino Elder

I can't stream before we beat it, but I have recorded most attempts. I might make a blooper reel later.
    svann, arsenil, Scornfire and 4 others like this.
  16. Pano Augur

The blooper reel will be full of moments around 25%.
    arsenil, Slippry, Scornfire and 3 others like this.
  17. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I presume you'll be using the song Lisard and I made for the soundtrack? We'll be expecting royalty cheques
    arsenil likes this.
  18. Orbital101 Augur

We have vids of our ...hum failures and of course our win but first lets get #2 before the nerf ;)
  19. Rowanoak Elder

Yes Im sure we could make quite the blooper reel
  20. Ryino Elder

And my new fulmination trigger
    arsenil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.