Don't Nerf Mearatas (yet)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gotwar, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marike Elder

I will donate kronos to the streaming cause.
    Sancus likes this.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

As it should be ..

I honestly can't believe this was even posted ..
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Good post!
  4. Whulfgar Augur

Where did you get the metric .. of "Most players" ?
    Brohg likes this.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Ryino, bbanz and Sancus like this.
  6. bbanz Elder

How many guilds got it to 25%? 10%?
  7. Goodn Augur

Thank you for posting and showing. And it was a nice improvement from one run to the next.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's certainly no Talendor event :) It's one of the most unforgiving events in recent memory (or long term memory heh)
    bbanz and Sancus like this.
  9. Cailen Augur

The event doesn't get hard till <25%, 100%-26% is the tutorial phase, I dunno about RoV or Rote but the rest of us stuck on 25% and down
    Pano, Axxius and Sancus like this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

SoD ws too easy for too long (remember hard mode, bench half your raid and do it with 36 people?), and then UF upped the difficulty significantly.

So you went from needing 36 people on mostly autopilot to needing 54 people paying attention.

I liked UF, but it was rough going from that easy to that hard for many guilds. One I was in at the time folded during UF.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

That would make them a multiple group guild. The number is 54. Maybe some need to recruit or merge to make numbers work. There are a lot of very good non-raid guild members in the game, with a little raid coaching and some gear, a good player is a good player.

A big part of raiding in EQ is the logistics of keeping 54 people on the same page. If you want to do 36, why not take it all the way to 6, give them a dz vs a task and call it a graid.
    Tucoh likes this.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Your numbers (beat before next expansion vs beat total) seem to suggest lots more guilds beating it before next expansion, and the number of guilds beating it in total really dropping. Like a consolidation of raid guilds happened (remember, our last server mergers were during UF too)

Part of it is probably the new expansion train too. That's about the time last expansions gear started to not really be worth it. (UF T4 and HoT had some crossover)
  13. Marike Elder

Still donating. I've got all this popcorn and nothing good to watch.
  14. Thrillho Augur

If I didn't play on a potato, I'd stream it. And I'd troll the hell out of it, too. First person view, low resolution, lots of buttons haphazardly strewn about my screen, and triggers for everything - kick, kick, kick, strike, kick.
    IblisTheMage, bbanz and Tolzol like this.
  15. Repthor Augur

Thil that whould make some great spam when Heel is running
  16. Thrillho Augur

If only GINA gave triggers as they came up. As it stands, it just says them in sequence. So it'd be saying kick for a loooong time. Maybe I'll stream Prince Ralafin as well and make a trigger for "your target is out of range" too.

Now taking donations for a streaming / capture card for Mearatas and Prince!
  17. ~Mills~ Augur

There is a raid in Maeratas

They call the Unfettered

And its been the ruin of many a poor boy

And god I know I'm one!
  18. Tucoh Augur

I could be misunderstanding what you're saying, but you can configure GINA triggers to interrupt each other, which prevents them from building a train of noise.

I have a gina trigger for my boxed berserker that whines when he's OOR or can't see the mob he's attacking. With all his skill attacks + auto attack he'll blow out 20+ out of range messages a second, but as soon as he's in range the noise terminates because they're all interrupting each other. It's really annoying and really effective.
    Brohg likes this.
  19. Thrillho Augur

Oh, neat. I didn't know that. I don't use it that much - mostly for timers like epics or named spawns.
  20. Tutunka Journeyman

Epic..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.