Dont hate the Shambox_02

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Ofearl, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

So as the title states I have a shaman box I use with my melee toons. He is finally 105 and full t1 vis with a couple of other decent gear stuff. He is in no way my main but with him and heal merc plus my monk or ranger and tank merc we do good on t1 zones.

My only issue is the metric but load of aa's that were auto granted, what do I need to use to max my effectiveness? I'll eventually set up keys/macros whatevers to make it simplier.

Also as I collect aa's where should I start? He now dosent sit in my normal group time just when I duo/molo as I wait for friends to log in and such. Thanks in advance!
  2. Coronay Augur

a good start would be to just open the AA window and go over each AA and read the description. It's not rocket surgery.
    Brohg likes this.
  3. Moldar Augur

That all depends on what you will be using him for.

As a box character outside of group I assume you're primarily using him to slow and debuff. The best aa then would be to max turger's swarm (more so for the diminish ment debuff rather than the slow itself), aa malo, and the ae versions of those spells (wind of malo / tigir's swarm iirc).

If you plan on using him to help heal than his biggest healing aa will the passive healing lines, although you could get spiritual blessing for force critical heals and fleeting spirit for twin cast hot spells (although this feels more of a dps cooldown to me than anything else)

And lastly if your looking to dps with him than your going to want to work on the critical affliction + critical damage increase (want to say it is something xx blood in the class tab, but not sure) followed by the focus aa lines for the dot spells.

In any event you will also need to max out cannibalism (especially if you plan to dps with him). Also you will want to max combat agility / stability, and physical enhancement just to give a chance to take a hit or two and still live, especially if your going to be dpsing

The rest will be personal preference, ie do I want to support group more, do I need more cc tools, etc

But honestly take a look at what exactly you plan to do with him. Read yhe aa, and honestly if you confused you can always type the same of said aa a and get a and response from the community. Hope this points you in the right direction
  4. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Moldar, thanks a ton that is very helpful. 90% of the time he is just outside for buffs/slow etc. I figured one day I would take the time to read em all but dang do they have a butload of aa's. His screen might be full of hot bars pretty soon, but normal group mobs die so fast I usualy dont tab over to his screen. Can I assume there is an AA line to increase spell duration for buffs? I think that would be helpful aswell.
  5. Leigo You come here often?

Spell casting reinforcement.
    And extended pestilence (I believe) for dots.

If he's outside the group, you can tie him to 1 click
    Turn assist off so he doesn't melee, the set up ur key:
    /Assist name
    /Pause 5
    /Alt activate (slow or /cast# if ur using counterbias)
    /Pause 25
    /Cast# (recommend choatic venom)

Now this is just a quick press and tab back option. If he was in group I would offer a more pack hotkey 1 & 2 set.