DoN era Bst changes feedback post RoS patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Goodkitty, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Goodkitty Augur

Seems feral swipe doesn't do CRAP for dmg anymore (i use to crit it for 1500+)
    Regular kick is way better dps than round kick because feral swipe must be broken.

Here are my PISS POOR(325/325) roundhouse kicks on a grey con spider in lavastorm:
    (round house kick seems to be double attacking)
    [Tue Dec 12 16:10:33 2017] You kick a scorched lavaspinner elite for 53 points of damage.
    [Tue Dec 12 16:10:33 2017] You kick a scorched lavaspinner elite for 85 points of damage.

[Tue Dec 12 16:10:37 2017] You kick a scorched lavaspinner elite for 160 points of damage.
    [Tue Dec 12 16:10:37 2017] You kick a scorched lavaspinner elite for 85 points of damage.

[Tue Dec 12 16:10:41 2017] You kick a scorched lavaspinner elite for 27 points of damage.
    [Tue Dec 12 16:10:41 2017] You kick a scorched lavaspinner elite for 85 points of damage.

[Tue Dec 12 16:10:49 2017] You kick a scorched lavaspinner elite for 53 points of damage.
    [Tue Dec 12 16:10:49 2017] You kick a scorched lavaspinner elite for 85 points of damage.

I'm assuming the feral swipe is the stock 85 dmg after each kick? This is crap.

Regular kick is hitting for max of 310.
    this being said I'm maxed accuracy and +16 hero str/ max atk
  2. Trevalon Augur

I told you BSTs were crap GK :p
  3. Goodkitty Augur

I'm a premium beastlord. I'm not crap.
  4. Boze TLP complaint factory

Same results here. Even sticking with regular kick, adding in tail rake doesn't make up for the feral swipe dps lost.
  5. Goodkitty Augur

I think its bugged, 43h2h dmg should be like hitting with a 43 dmg wep, so 400-430 dmg correct?
  6. Goodkitty Augur

nevermind its 34, still
  7. Boze TLP complaint factory

That's my thought as well. The description in game doesn't match the spell data either.
    https://spells.eqresource.com/history.php?id=4788
    Shows Round Kick for 17. Edit: the 34 we're reading is for the 2nd rank I guess.
    Editedit: 17 should still be hitting higher than it is, right?
  8. mackal Augur

9. mackal Augur

Max hit should be 121 + some stuff that increase min_damage.

They may have given you extra round kick mods, I haven't looked into the new AA data yet :p
  10. Boze TLP complaint factory

Numbers from someone on Phinny, testcopied:
    5 min fights on lvl 70 test npc. 382 str, 45% haste, max attack (I think he means accuracy?), bare fists

kick dps 28.6
    round kick dps 22.1

eagle strike dps 13.1
    dragon punch dps 14
    tiger claw dps 9.4
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Happen to be able to check if Boots AC is affecting round kick dps?
  12. Boze TLP complaint factory

They weren't my numbers, but I can check on that later. My numbers (less controlled, just a bunch of random mobs) came out in the range of Kick: 40dps, Round Kick + Feral Swipe: 20dps.
  13. mackal Augur

It does not.
  14. Goodkitty Augur

so th is means feral swipe is broken and upper tiers of skills (kick>round> tiger claw > eagle >dragon) dmg scaling is broken
  15. Goodkitty Augur

I don't even think feral swipe procs are critting
  16. mackal Augur

Feral Swipe should start somewhere around 25 - 30 dmg, probably higher to make up for how much DPS loss just round kick is vs kick. 25 probably way too low though, but unsure if haste would make up for it ... (100 dmg attack every 30 seconds = 0.333 ratio weapon, 17 dmg attack every 8.5 = 0.2 ratio weapon ...)
  17. Dartaniun Augur

Those were my numbers from test. Worn attack is capped, accuracy from heroic dex is like 106/150. Boots are savagesoul from anguish set
  18. NoWay Augur

12/12/17 02:40:51 PM You kick an Argathian traitor for 133127 points of damage. 3 expacs behind live

They patch and change for live not TLP, that said my deeps went up atleast 30%
  19. Zinth Augur

I miss feral swip, whats up with this useless change? 1500 crits with feral swipe and could click it when needed, now this passive pile of goo that hits for very little? massive loss of dps
  20. Guzzle Augur

I mean, they patch things for TLP all the time. It's not unreasonable to expect that they can take time to balance things like this to not be yet another nerf to a class that doesn't need nerfed.

Maybe with the expansion out, they can look into it after cleaning up the post launch bugs that seem to be flying wild.