Don't Miss These NEW Anniversary Events!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen Brand Manager

It’s been an awesome 17 years, and we appreciate that you’re here with us to celebrate our 17th Anniversary.

[IMG]

Starting today, March 16, 2016, at 10AM PDT there are TWO new in-game anniversary events for players to enjoy. These events are scheduled to end on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 11PM PDT.

Hate's Fury Sails Again

For our 17th Anniversary, Krasnok's ship, Hate's Fury: The Scorned Maiden, has set sail once again!

[IMG]

Krasnok’s 16 new officers will offer a challenge for groups of level 105 adventurers. Each carries a Commemorative Coin as a reward for defeating them. If you can overpower all of them you will be able to unlock the door to Krasnok's cabin and face the Captain himself! To battle him, however, you will need a raid of level 105 characters. Defeating Captain Krasnok will result in raid-quality rewards.

Drunken Gnome Races

Get a new gnome character, find Tipsy Teena in Ak`anon, and join us for a drunken gnome race of WHATEVER server you play on!

[IMG]

This event starts a few times each day! Server-wide messages will go out prior to each race, so you always have a chance to join if you want.
    • Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays this event starts at 3AM PDT, 9AM PDT, 3PM PDT and 9PM PDT
    • Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays this event starts at 12AM (midnight) PDT, 6AM PDT, 12PM (noon), PDT and 6PM PDT.
    The reward for being one of the first players to complete the drunken gnome race is YOUR CHOICE of a piece of Tipsy Gnomework Hero’s Forge Ornaments.

[IMG]
    NOTE: You need the Hero’s Forge feature on your character to use these ornaments. These pieces are tradable, until you use them on a character.

New Rewards for Commemorative Coins

Also, look for NEW rewards that will become available on a jubilant merchant for Commemorative Coins! Look for her in the Special Celebratory Goods section of your find window in the Plane of Knowledge!

Also don’t miss 17 Days of BONUS EXPERIENCE and special Marketplace promotions. Click here to learn more.

[IMG]

We appreciate your support over these 17 years, and we hope you enjoy celebrating our 17th Anniversary with us in-game!
  2. Reht The Dude abides...

Congratulations on 17 years! I know that it will mostly like never happen, but it would be really cool if we could read the original EQ design document as an anniversary perk.
  3. Roxxanna Augur

$200 seems a bit much for the Golden Hero set. Especially when everyone turns the armor off in the graphics options. I was giddy with excitement when saw it, since I lost out on the RAF when you pulled it when I was 1/2 way there. Then I was slapped in the face by that price.
  4. Phynster2 Journeyman

i completely agree with you on that one, minus the everyone keeps the armor graphics off... im a collector of hero's forged, and this price tag... they are expecting me to pay 800$ just so i can get all 4 sets... ya not gonna happen. and the 9900 for the clockwork set when the rest have usually been 350 - 1500... thats way over pricing it...
  5. Rafather Augur

Really sad that the race is only held 4 times a day at stupid times. Good job soe for making 17 years fun..........
  6. Rafather Augur

Sorry, Daybreak Games.... the only change is that things have gotten worse since the sale.
    xclip, Faerie and Indrigoth like this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Can anyone confirm if all racers who complete the Naked Drunken Gnome Race will receive a pick of the Tipsy Clockwork Ornament?

There is a rumor that only top finishers get to select. From my race, several players were able to pick an Ornament.
  8. Crystilla Augur

It is the top # who finish every time the race starts on a server. Not just #1 or 2 but a top bunch.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thanks. That is disappointing. Everyone should get a pick (looking at the Devs).
  10. Crystilla Augur

These run multiple times throughout the day so it should be fairly easy for someone to get their pick if they're dedicated.
  11. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

So far, I find this year's "anniversary" events to be insulting to the players, more than anything else. Asking players to spend $200 to play virtual dress-up is an absolute exploitation. Seriously, if you really have $200 of disposable income and spend it on this decoration instead of emailing to it to a Nigerian scam artist, you're going to rot in hell. Of course I'm just kidding, there's absolutely no difference.

Trying to convince folks that running around drunk as a level 1 toon is an "anniversary event" (seriously, getting drunk in-game was funny for the first 30 seconds). It's not even a good "guide" event. And again, the prize is virtual paper doll dresses!

Possibly the worst insult is implying that the Hate's Fury stuff might be accessible "for groups of level 105 adventurers". It is a raid expedition, not group content. Our raid-geared groups had trouble until we brought in multiple groups (most couldn't clear the zone-in named).

To be honest, the challenge was enticing, until we realized that groups get no rewards other than commemorative coins, and with the 24-hour event lockouts, it would take you at least 64 days to earn enough for the 1000-coin mount. I'll hold off on final judgement of the Hate's Fury until we see some of the RAID loot after some RAIDS beat the RAID boss at the end. But please don't insinuate that it's for groups.

For the 17th Anniversary, non-raid players got a drunk noob race (something that every free-to-play account can do anytime of the year).
    Faerie, Stormrider, Indrigoth and 2 others like this.
  12. Agnor Journeyman

Is there any news on when the 16th Anniversary events will be live again?
  13. Blurred_Memories Augur

i can confirm this as well, did race on three toons last night and got zero ornaments, just shirts. there were about 10 other toons i know of that did get ornaments though, and there might have been more.
  14. Blurred_Memories Augur

you get a few achievement points for killing all the mini named!

raid loot is best in game, gear and zomg the augs... limited time only though so farm it as much as you can!

yes i know it kinda sucks the best loot is tied to a temporary event, but at least lockout is 1 day shorter than normal =)

~blurred
  15. rubberstamper New Member

I thought 16th anni quests were supposed to go live yesterday along with the new 17th quests? Was I misinformed? Thx.
  16. telezar Journeyman

I have seen people killing named in plane zones and I myself have killed alot of named. However I have yet to see one fabled. i would like to know are they broke or working properly or does anyone at daybreak know for sure? May want to investigate this to make sure they are!!?
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Achievements lost their value when they started requiring you to purchase items in the Marketplace for some of them (dogs, ornaments, collectibles, etc.).

You throwing money at DB is not an achievement for you. It is an achievement for them.
    xclip, Faerie, Stormrider and 3 others like this.
  18. Derd Augur

Fabled are not up yet, mid to late April start date.
  19. kyong Augur

Is all that is new on the special merchant the mercenary contract and the spider pet morph totem? Was hoping for a the resilient adventurer's crystal at least!
  20. Warpeace Augur

Take a little time and research the actual schedule for Fabled mobs and Events. That way you don't come posting all bent out of shape. They have staggered the content so its not all at once and gives people more time to work on them.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.