Does Your Loot Reside with the Legend of the Oathbound?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Kellaer Augur

Even though I haven't played non-digital Magic in years I still admit to watching MTG unboxing videos every time they release a new set.
    Iila likes this.
  2. Maxe Augur

You guys should have a station cash sale too. It's been a rough month guys. Give your player base some love. Lots of server problems, and I'm pretty frustrated, which is pretty rare for someone like me.
  3. Fenudir Augur

Last question. Will potion packs be part of that? I've already got more of those than I know what to do with.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Is that like star trek online where you need to buy keys to open loot boxes you get in game play?
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

How long has it been since they had a sale on station cash? Over a year? Or wait...didnt they have that Christmas thing where you could get various random discounts? I found out you could use the discount from anyone account on any other account... just couldn,t use the codes more then once.
  6. Ferry-Tunare Augur

That would be exploiting the marketplace sir.
    Pinecone likes this.
  7. Calamity Lorekeeper

I've been playing LoN only lately. I haven't logged into EQ in a while. I bought a lot of packs with the deep discount on LoN during the holiday sales. I would spend SC on packs that gave hard to find promo cards. It would be nice if sprint tournaments were started again, or if the monthly scenario rewards were updated.
  8. Maxe Augur

LoN Could definitely use some attention. Needs new sets and loot. Not a great idea to let a micro transaction cash cow slip through the cracks.
  9. TheQxx Augur

Are you able to give us a list or gist of any items *not* included as loot cards here? Like are potions, ornaments, paintings, etc... is that sort of thing excluded here? Nobody really wants those so it makes sense if you guys omitted them. But just confirming that would really encourage people to buy these.

Confirming those don't exist is just as good if not better as confirming certain loots do exist. But this way, you can maintain the mystery of what is in there exactly as the good stuff, and give us the security that you had the foresight to remove the loot that people hate to get and do not need at all.

Thanks.
    Silv and Pinecone like this.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm waiting for a big bag sale.
    TheQxx, moogs and Silv like this.
  11. beryon Augur

I really don't get the logic behind this. Do you think people will spend more to get something special if you won't even tell them what it is? I know it's having the opposite effect on me.
    Lily likes this.
  12. Calamity Lorekeeper

The devs probably don't want to go on the record in case something gets omitted from what was possible in LoN. It's easy to extrapolate what is possible from viewing the Zam quest entries:

Oathbound
    Forsworn
    Inquisitor

Plus there will be additional loot from what was given out at tournaments. At least there shouldn't be any paintings, as those were available in the last few sets of LoN, not the first few.
    Silv likes this.
  13. Silv Augur

All I know is my house will be FABULOUS with those new $5 floor tiles and paintings!
    moogs, Mintalie and Iila like this.
  14. Vaclav Augur

I'm counting 72 in there, and not seeing any doubles going over it quick.

So assuming the Jester takes a spot - that's 17 promo/tourney loots.
  15. Calamity Lorekeeper

Here is my guess at the promo/tourney loots:

Noble Dojorn's Lamp - awarded to everyone at '07 Fan Faire
    Scale of Rodcet Nife - Lucan D'Lere promotional pack
    Nimbus of the Storm Lord - SoF preorder
    Nimbus of the Lover - Antonia tournament Pack
    Familiar of Valik the Cruel - Ethernauts scenario #7
    Familiar of Phara Dar - Tormax Tournament Pack
    Nimbus of the Jester - Dagda Tournament Pack
    Familiar of the Kobold King - Memorial Day 2008 Loot Tournament Weekend
    Familiar of Severilous - June 2008 Loot Tournament Weekend
    Nimbus of the Frozen Gelidran - Against the Void scenario #3
    Familiar of Warden Hanvar - July 2008 Loot Tournament Weekend
    Bridle of the Wrulon Protector - awarded to everyone at '08 Fan Faire
    Familiar of King Gelaqua - Trial of Justice Tournament Pack or August 2008 Loot Tournament Weekend
    Familiar of Queen Pyrilonis - September 2008 Loot Tournament Weekend
    Familiar of the Hooded Scrykin - SoD preorder
    Visage of the Primal Kerran - October 2008 Loot Tournament Weekend
    Nimbus of the Burning Pyrilen - Scary Scarecrows scenario
    Nimbus of Mata Muram - November 2008 Loot Tournament Weekend
    Nimbus of Discordant Souls - December 2008 Loot Tournament Weekend
  16. Vaclav Augur

At least 1 too many in that list, since he said from a possible 90. And 2 too many if the Jester counts as one of the 90.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Same for me, there are a few illusions I still want from packs, I have a shed load of mounts still on /claim, along with a load of paintings, potions and ornaments still unclaimed in LoN.

Far too much randomness, far better to just get the packs from LoN with the free packs.
  18. Mardy Augur

Thumbs down unfortunately. Daybreak had a chance to start over and make players happy. I had previously suggested to allow me to buy LoN loot via marketplace. There are lots of illusions, mounts, and familiars I would gladly pay money to collect. Instead, Daybreak moves LoN online gambling game into the marketplace.

This move may make you some money in the short term, but it'll hurt you in the long term. Here I was excited about logging in to EQ and buy some LoN loot cards for my characters. Then after reading the post, I have zero intentions of logging in and spending any money. You turn away players like me who do not waste money on gambling for pixelated goods. When I spend money ingame, I buy what I want, and I tend to spend a lot of money for these fluff goods. It's too bad, you had a chance to put away LoN for good since it's dead in the waters and everybody knows it. Instead you're trying to continue LoN gambling sales in EQ marketplace, bad move Daybreak.

Just another reason why Blizzard, with their very extremely limited RMT selections, makes 6-7 digits revenue off each individual pixelated goods. While Daybreak with its heavy RMT setup, is scrambling to squeeze money out of players, hurting to generate revenue, struggling to keep the games alive. When will the higher ups understand, making players happy is good for your games. You should've made LoN loot available to be purchased on the marketplace, allow me to buy what I want because that's how I spend my money. Had you done that, I would've resubscribed to EQ by now, logged in, and spent hundreds of dollars on collecting LoN loot for myself & my g/f's characters.

Instead now after reading Roshen's post, I'm a bit disgusted that Daybreak chose to carry over LoN gambling into EQ marketplace. Put this up on the list of bad ideas and choices. These are things you look back at later and realize you could've made more money, because you could've made more players happy.
    Zujilli and Silv like this.
  19. Riou EQResource

Each of these is worth 3 boosters for 2 guaranteed loots, and they said they are trade-able, so you could probably sell off things like EXP potions, Harvest potions, DA potions, etc. It is most likely the best thing to use your free monthly SC on.

If you score something like a Kiss of Marr from it, that alone is a good like 12-15 Krono.
  20. Silv Augur

Servers up post-patch - can't find this in the marketplace.