Does Yelinak have the slowest XP rate for a TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Midnitewolf, May 28, 2022.

1. Midnitewolf Augur

Curious question. Is Yelinak set at the absolutely slowest XP rate used in a TLP? Honestly I am trying to figure out if that is the case or if I am just finding leveling so painfully slow because I can't twink my toons out with several Krono of gear form day one?

Honestly, I have never started a server out in classic and without twink gear. And even back when I originally played EQ, I joined just when Velious was coming out so lots of gear was available and relatively cheap. In comparison Yelinak just seems painfully slow leveling so trying to figure out if it actually the gear or XP rate that is making it feel like this.
  2. Branntick Augur

No, this xp rate is the standard Phinny clone xp rate.
  3. Numiko Augur

When Phinny first launched it was way slower, max you could get killing a red con was 2% per kill and it was less if they were yellow or even con, and forget killing blues they gave almost zero exp.. Solo exp was so bad the group exp bonus actually felt like a bonus!
  4. Captain Video Augur

Yelinak's base XP rate at launch is exactly the same as it was on Mangler, Aradune, Rizlona, Mischief and Thornblade. Plus there is 50% bonus XP in effect now through Tuesday. If you're starting solo and butt naked, that's your problem. Go to the newbie yard for whatever starter city you chose, and look for decaying skeletons, they're level 1-2. Kill all on sight. They have random drops of cloth armor pieces and rusty weapons. The former becomes your first layer of gear, the latter you vendor for whatever you need immediately (spells, backpacks, etc). All the newbie yards have a sufficient variety of mob types, spread across levels, that you should be able to ding 10 solo with any class in less than 10 hours playtime. Obviously this goes much faster if you can group and take out red cons.
  5. Gnothappening Augur

Take Yelinak's exp rate and cut it in half and you have Coirnav.