Does using Krono make you lose silver status?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by mewkus, Jun 15, 2019.

1. mewkus Augur

I have an account that dates back to 1999. It went F2P back somewhere around 2012 and became Silver. Last month, I activated a Krono on it. When the Krono expired, the account reverted to Copper (e.g. no chat channels, only level 1,2 apprentice mercs, etc).

Is this normal? Had I known this, I probably would not have activated the Krono.
  2. Theodlard New Member

This should not happen, my original account is very similar and I remain silver after my krono's expire.
  3. KermittheFroglok Augur

As Theolard said, using a Krono should not impact the Silver Membership flag on your account. I've seen other threads about missing Silver Membership and the general cause for this is the patcher not working correctly. (From what I gather the server patch process is what instructs to client to run as either F2P, Silver, or AllAccess).

You can see whether or not your account is still has the Silver Membership flag through the link below. This link outlines your expansion entitlements, item claims (granted, not necessarily still available), and other flags. The flag you want to look for is "EverQuest Chat Token (formerly Silver Membership)".

https://account.daybreakgames.com/authenticated/cam/subscriptionDetails.action?gameCode=EQ

That Silver Membership flag seems to be a separate attribute from the AllAccess membership status because it still shows up on my 2 Lifetime Membership accounts that were silver, but not the third Lifetime Membership account that never was.

But to digress, if your account is flagged with that Chat Token/Silver Membership flag, then you should be fine and just need to troubleshoot your patcher. If you don't see that flag listed anymore, then you need to open a ticket to see what's up.

Good luck!
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Make sure you are logging in thru the patcher.

What does it show on your character select screen at the top? Does it still say SILVER in silver or FREE in green?

Not sure about that link in Kermit's post - just takes you to the log in screen.
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  5. KermittheFroglok Augur

That means you’re logged into the forum but not DBG AllAccess account management, it’s literally the same login page you would get when managing your account. If you’re scared of that login (phishing happens, so I can understand the skepticism), just login first at the DBG homepage and then click the link, then it should go straight to the page I’m referencing.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ah now I see - it shows up as "EverQuest Chat Token (formerly Silver Membership)" on Silver or Paid accounts

My non Silver eligible accounts do not show it. Even though they are paid right now. So that means when I stop paying on them I would not go to Silver.

Wish there was a way to get into that info in account management without that link. No category shows that list. That way I can access it on my other character when needed without coming here.
  7. KermittheFroglok Augur

I know what you mean, I only have it bookmarked now. I think the easy way to that page disappeared a few website revamps ago. At least it’s still there unlike the lore pages which are gone gone

On a related note, you can also see your Everquest II entitlements by adding a 2 to the end of the link.
  8. mewkus Augur

Thank you all for the help. The above referenced link did show the account was still Silver. I logged that account all the way out (exited eq program altogether), and then logged back in from scratch. It now shows my account as Silver.

I'm still a little miffed as I lost out on several AA rewards from quests I completed because it would have exceeded the lower AA limit of a free account but still under the limit of a silver one.
  9. KermittheFroglok Augur

As in AA rewards from things like Dragons of Norrath progression (e.g. Gift of the Keepers) or just AA points? If you use autogrant when you’re occasionally AllAccess then missing a few AA points probably won’t matter too much in the long run, they’re pretty easy to earn early on and autogrant will give you most of what you need for awhile. (Did you have autogrant on, I feel like I’d hit 1000 point pretty quick with it, but I guess it also depends on your how high you leveled with the Krono time)