Does the Essence of a Vampire drop in instances ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Deadshade, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Deadshade Augur

It is not that I intend to enter the cesspool of the enchanter epic but just out of curiosity .
    We have cleaned Hate perhaps 20 times or more since classic but I can't remember having seen an Essence drop a single time . Anything else incuding Inny drops came in megatons but this Essence didn't .
    It is not like the Enchanter's epic needed another bottleneck :)

Did somebody seen it in an instance or does it only drop in OW ?
  2. tuda Lorekeeper

Yes, it does drop in the instances.
  3. MarttinPH Augur

You are just unlucky. It is a very RNG drop from the male revenants and the named male revenant. I have seen it drop from the first kill, and I have seen it drop within around 10 targeted kills. I also have gone days without seeing it drop, but I wasn't looking for it either.
  4. Deadshade Augur

OK thanks so I chalk it up on bad luck and this just being an ultra rare drop like only EQ can make them ultra rare .
    We must have killed hundreds of revenants and about 2 dozens Coercers T'valas with 0 Essence in result what makes it ultra rare indeed .
    All other items on T'Valas loot list were dropping like candy with the exception of this one .
  5. SirLord Journeyman

If you're having difficulty with this part,...buckle up, Vessel has your number.