Does the DBG deal with Project 1999 still stand?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jeskola, Oct 24, 2019.

1. jeskola pheerie

2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Seeing as how they don't shut down the illegal 3rd party hacks site that have infiltrated the TLP servers, I doubt they'd even approach Green99.
    oldkracow likes this.
  3. Vladd Wunderslash New Member

at this point they are more legit then DBG.... They have been running everquest game and servers for a lot longer then they have. And the fan base is arguably almost as high, and at least as dedicated if not more. To the classic experience that is atleast.
  4. EEpromm Lorekeeper

I predict it will gut eq-..

-..For at least a day or two. Long enough for people to realize how hard it is in comparison and/or for the likely overcrowded green server to burst into flames ;-)
  5. EEpromm Lorekeeper

Kinda doubt there is anything they could do to shut down 3rd party hack sites. They still exist even for WoW which has planet loads of money and likes to use lawyers. Imo the only possible solution would be to attempt to detect them which will be a moving target most likely.
  6. code-zero Augur

I'm sure that there'll be more than a few 3rd party hacks running on any new P99 servers.
  7. Raina Elder

Installing p99 is a pain. It is also run by a corrupted team. And they do not allowing boxing at all.

While to some p99 is exactly what they are looking for and they love it, it pales in comparison to any of the TLPs.
  8. Inictus Elder

This is completely incorrect. This is the same entity from the beginning, it's just changed ownership and had its name changed (a few times). As with other companies, people come and go over the years however some have been there long before P99 (such as Jonathan Caraker or Alan Vancouvering for example).
    code-zero likes this.
  9. pinco Lorekeeper

P99 green was a disapointment,no maps the old ui cant use the newer models,no chat channels,i prefer a daybreak tlp any day,corpsee runs would be nice.
  10. Aaramis Augur

Lol. You do realize that's the whole point of p99 Green, yes?
  11. EEpromm Lorekeeper

Was cool with the maps missing but no pet window, no debuff/dot bar (you can't see the debuffs/dots on the mob), no tab targeting and class/race xp penalties killed it for me and were just poor decisions on the part of p99 for green. Maybe will look at it in half a decade or so when it hits velious ;-)
  12. Captain Video Augur

People keep saying they want corpse runs on a classic TLP, but if you actually roll on P99 Green and look, you'll see how all the newbie yards are cluttered with more unclaimed PC corpses than dead and lootable mobs. And these are all located no more than one zone and a 15-30 second run from a toon's respawn point. Laziness in the extreme. You don't think any of the DBG devs have bothered to go there and see for themselves? There will never be corpse runs on a DBG TLP server, ever again.

The P99 Green UI isn't the original, either; they are using the Titanium Edition launcher, which clearly says (c) 2005 on the banner. They've patched some things backwards to take out maps and pet windows and etc, to give it the original Classic feel, and that is exactly what they've been saying they would do for years. If that's not what you want, then stick with the DBG servers. The differences between the DBG and P99 interpretations of what was actually Classic content are so minor as to be irrelevant, IMHO. P99 gives you the original Freeport and the original 4-level block spell system, oh and corpse runs.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

When you die and only lose 4 Bread* and Water*, the stakes aren't exactly the same as when you lose, well, anything else.
  14. Captain Video Augur

Even if you haven't killed anything and are sitting at 0 XP, you're also losing a reasonable starter weapon and a light source. That means having to re-roll, which takes 20x longer than simply looting the corpse. Without the light source you can zone into pitch black, a minor detail not reproduced on any DBG TLPs.
  15. EEpromm Lorekeeper

Doesn't really matter anyway. p99 green is already toxic and even if it wasn't, by many sources I can find on the interwebz, the GMs and people running the server are making money RMTing plat. That's pretty sickening. It's one thing in real eq where people are farming and selling plat or kronos or whatever, still not good but at least they have to do something to get the plat. Over there I'd guess they can just edit a table and give themselves as much as they want, eh? Can't fathom why dbg would allow it.
    oldkracow, Vindar and jeskola like this.
  16. Vindar Augur

I read a lot about P99 staff being corrupt. That and the raid scene being completely dominated by about 2 guilds...yea being locked out of content sounds awesome, sign me up!
  17. code-zero Augur

I wonder if there are people using the exploit that allowed duping items left on corpses on P99. That was one of the major reasons for eliminating corpse runs though never discussed.
  18. Polekn Augur

Do you have any proof that P99 does it and DBG does not?
  19. Brovaar Elder

DBG Everquest = Orange Juice
    P99 Everquest = Tang

I'll take real orange juice over Tang any day. :cool: