Does Dandin play anymore?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by RagingIkky, Apr 19, 2021.

1. RagingIkky New Member

Was looking at Dandin Mindfire's channel on youtube and twitch and all the stuff ends several years ago, dies he play still and if so does he have a presence somewhere else on Social Media? I had some questions.
    Gn011 likes this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm pretty sure we on the TLP side of things memed him into hiding.
    Celephane likes this.
  3. RagingIkky New Member

Apparently I am out of the loop on things
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Unfortunately one of the better meme videos is gone as the creator has some weird issues and keeps deleting it. Here's the threads though to see how much we love him. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/matthias-dandineq-is-the-man.223253/ . https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/rip-matthias-the-man.226916/ .

Without going into the full reason why I think Dandin quit (as I think I might get in trouble with DreamWeaver if I went into full specifics) he made some claims about an IRL situation that turned out to be false and pretty much drew a lot of (deserved) vitriol as a result. If you have actual enchanter questions you are better off asking someone that's actually good at the class anyway.
    Celephane likes this.
  5. RagingIkky New Member

Yeah I used to play on Xegony as an SK in Champions of Norrath during HoT-VoA then had to quit just before RoF because my College work was too demanding to keep up in EQ. there was an enchanter in there named Aelen who was amazing and I was leveling an enchanter to box with the SK and he was gonna show me how to deep-dive into enchanter and he quit EQ right after I did. Then there was a lady on Youtube that had VERY informative videos and her channel disappeared as I was going through her stuff. She had videos on what clickys you should have, where to get them, socials and spell lineups. She had a boring voice but hella good info. Dandin's videos are all that's left out there
    Too bad, not much to go off of out there.
  6. Celephane Augur

He's made a bad reputation for himself all over in this game. You'll be better off watching cat videos.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Dandin... one of those people that's known on pretty much every server. And not because of good knowledge, helpfulness, etc. There are only a few of those type of people. That's not a good thing.
    Celephane likes this.
  8. Verily Tjark Augur

[IMG]

One of the last known Dandin sightings...
    Zynt and RPoo like this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's funny. I literally never heard of the guy til this thread started :)
    Kase and Loratex like this.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Go ahead and tell everybody...

I still hear it.
  11. RPoo Augur

There are probably other Dandins out there, including the bard Dandin <Realm of Insanity>, is not the Dandin you are looking for. There was never a dull moment with Dandin the enchanter though but I might be one of a handful of people who got to see the not as brass side of him eventually but no doubt his abrasiveness wore raw the majority of anyone he ever encountered... "RELEASE THE DANDIN" still lmao!
  12. YabaHow New Member

He has not played for a while. I used to play with him a lot.
    I still keep in touch with him IRL.
    Not sure if he is planning to come back to play. He says he wants to but has more important topics to take care of first.
  13. Jennre Band Leader

/boggle
  14. Knard The Strategic Tactician

Ick - hate to revive old threads but I'm bored at 4:30am EST.

Curiousity always gets the best of me. I haven't heard from Dandin in a long time, but wondered if he stilled played. Last I spoke to him was years ago on TLPs, and we were friends over Facebook for a time before I noticed him severely going off the deep end IRL Lots of drama and unchecked public unhinging. I eventually blocked him.

Anyway, I used to play with him on Bristlebane. I was in with Ring of Valor / Pain and Glory / etc, etc, etc bunch of other guilds. There was a lot of in game drama between him and several guilds that I somehow got name dropped about over because I guess I was his only friend at the time. Somehow my characters got lumped in as being Dandin's alts.

To clear the air, I was / still am Xaui (Beastlord) - but I moved to Vox a while back before I started jumping around TLPs as "Xeidman" or "Xnard" or "Knard" or any of those variations - and am certainly not Dandin.

My first main, Malhachite (Warrior), on Bristlebane, is still collecting dust - but been playing him since I was 10 years old.

Anyway, long story short - Dandin. Certainly a nutty dude - there were some fun times with him gameplay wise, but it doesn't make up for the load of crap I've heard about him from other players over the years.

Maybe I'll start an enchanter and take up the reigns of developing some in depth class videos for newer players.
  15. Vizier Augur

Why would anyone want Dandins advice?? He was the Enchanter that was full of the most shite I ever have seen in my life.
  16. Knard The Strategic Tactician

Leighton was the superior Enchanter and would always talk smack on Dandin xD