Does autogrant give you all ranks of an AA or just 1 rank?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Marduke34, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Marduke34 New Member

I haven't gotten to the point where I can auto-grant anything yet (just level 20 taking it slow having fun) but I am confused as to how it actually works. I actually quit the game before AA was a thing back in the day so I dont know much about it.

Each AA has multiple levels you can put into it correct. For example combat agility reads 0/28 which i assume means you can put points into it 28 times? with a cost of 2 which i assume means it takes 2 points to go one rank in it. when you autogrant do you just get the first rank of it or do you get all 28 ranks of it? or am i just misunderstanding what aa is?
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It depends on your level. Every rank of every AA has a level associated with it. When you auto-grant (either because you just dinged a new level, or you just turned on auto-grant), you will receive every rank of every AA which you qualify for. The main restriction is level, though there are a few other, fairly rare, restrictions. Also, the tradeskill Mastery AAs are never auto-granted.

Check out the Raidloot AA page for details on what ranks are associated with what character level.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

This is most of it, but each rank is also associated with an expansion. Auto-Grant is 4 expansions back from live, so EoK is the latest to get granted. You will get all EoK associated AA's at the level associated with them. When the next expansion comes out, RoS will get auto-granted in the same way.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yeah, I didn't bother mentioning that, since he's level 20. He doesn't have to worry about that for a very long time :)
  5. Marduke34 New Member

Ahh I see, thank you.

Wow, that seems pretty overpowered. Less grinding I guess.

I dont have the free time like I did In high school to play so it will probably be a while before I get to the upper levels, hehehe.
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It's pretty powerful, and therefore awesome. There's just too many AA's for the average player to catch up. My Monk was an 85 Heroic, who I originally played to 51, and bought less than 10 AA's on. With Auto-Grant to 105, and then grinding them myself afterwards, I now have like 24k AA's, with about 3k of those being ones I ground out myself. And I'm not even caught up for his level at this point, he's 109, with tons to buy still, and more for future levels.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It can be overwhelming getting 3 or 4 hundred AA all at once.

But you have your fist two already, Origin and Throne of Heroes.
  8. KarmaKitty Augur

It is fun to watch all those AA achievements tick past when it drops hundreds of AA all at once :)

1. You get whatever they thought was appropriate for the level.

2. You get AAs from the appropriate expansion for your level.

3. I believe, it backfills, so if you have a more advanced character when you turn it on expect a
    massive dump.

4. At 85, I believe auto-grant AA are not the same as Heroic AA. I believe, Heroic gives some extras.

5. It appears you DO NOT GET trade skill AAs which may include Forage.

I'm not sure what happens if you already have the AA being auto granted. I think, you lose the point,
    but I don't really know for sure.

Auto grant AA is a massive assist even better than /over :)

I'm sure there is a big write up out there somewhere.
  9. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

If you already have the AA and it was going to auto-grant it, it just skips it. I bought stuff at 108 when RoS was the latest, then when they auto-granted EoK, I got the ones I hadn't bought yet from that expansion, that had been flagged to be granted.
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

It's not overpowered. Imagine your thought on it taking a while to get to upper levels, but once you do, you have to stop to grind thousands of AAs (about 12,000) before finally making it to L105, and you still have another 10 levels and 25,000ish AA to go.

At a certain point, AAs will be required to succeed. Getting them at L85 when L85 is the cap and lots of people are at cap with you is just fine, but getting stuck at L85 forever with few people to group with will leave you feeling pretty bored.

It's a catchup mechanic. I can assure you that if you make it to 115 with only autogrant AA you will not feel overpowered.
    Stymie likes this.