DoDH Spells on Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Numiko, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Numiko Augur

Am I wrong or shouldn't DoDH spells be on vendors by now on Phinny?
    DoN spells were on vendors before the launch of TBS.

I remember a dev. saying they were not instantly on vendors at the launch of a new expansion being opened, but we are almost at the 3/4 mark and still no sign of them on vendors.
  2. Ryak Augur

I think quested spells might never show up on vendors. Wasn't there precedent for this with the LoY spells?
  3. Kazz99 Elder

LoY spells are on the PoK venders on Phinny.
  4. Ryak Augur

Then i'm guessing it's just the usual 'nobody really put that much thought into it so its vaguely consistent, but not really' situation then.
  5. Baldur Augur

The whole "spells will be available on PoK vendors 2 expansions after" is not accurate.

They have each expansions spells release in PoK tied to a certain expansion, and it isn't always 2 expansions after.

My guess is the DoDh spells will show up in SoF.
  6. Numiko Augur

I just wish they would be a little more transparent about how things are supposed to work so we do not get so many surprises and disappointments at the launch of each expansion pack.

Even when they try and clarify the "rules" the "rules" seem to change or are not enforced with each new launch.
  7. Prathun Developer

This appears to be how it works. I checked several DoDH spells and they are available for purchase on progression servers once Secrets of Faydwer has launched.
  8. Aziuno Augur

They can be researched, finally bringing value to this skill again other than cultural.
  9. Darkenr Elder

Prathun, I don't suppose you'd be willing to look into or at least bring up to the right person (if you're not the decision maker on this) to consider making spells researchable the expansion or two before it unlocks on the PoK merchants on progression servers? As it stands right now the research tradeskill on TLPs are completely useless outside of an initial classic launch of a TLP.

This would go a long way to making research a useful skill without hurting the balance of progression servers by allowing spells that aren't on PoK merchants yet be put into the economy and make a market for research while still restricting "current" spells being flooded into the bazaar by researchers.

Thanks!!
    Ryak likes this.
  10. ForumBoss Augur

Dodh spells have been researchable since TSS or POR I think. I'm still waiting on POR spells (aura) to be researchable, but my guess is they may unlock in SoF anyway sinc they are the same spell level as dodh.